|-------13-17-13----------13-17-13----------13-17-13----18-17-15-17-15-13-|
|----15----------15----15----------15----15----------15-------------------|
|-14----------------14----------------14----------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
When I play this little sweep riff I really stumble across it, I can go up just fine, but coming down again is a real bitch. I have started to just work on the smooth picking motion by sweeping the strings in the motion, but not fretting any notes. Could this be helpful? Sorry for the mangled tab, but I haven't discovered how to wrap it nicely yet..
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Is that Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu? If not then it looks exactly like it.
What fingering are you using? I tried doing that stuff with 14 with middle finger, 15 with ring finger and 13 with index finger. That didn't work out too well for me so I just left my ring finger out.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
use code tags please its the hash mark (pound symbol/octothorpe/tic-tac-toe board) oh shit I just realized I could type it its this guy #
|-------13-17-13----------13-17-13----------13-17-13----18-17-15-17-15-13-|
|----15----------15----15----------15----15----------15-------------------|
|-14----------------14----------------14----------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

honestly, its a 3 string sweep, there really wont be any benefit to breaking it apart into fingering and picking. just go slow and do it clean. start it out as 16ths at 30bpm, play it a few times through, then speed it in increments of 5 bpm. yeah, its molasses tempo but you got to learn your muscles to play it clean, otherwise it will never be anything but a hot mess at proper tempo.

ETA:
Quote by vayne92
Is that Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu? If not then it looks exactly like it.

its just a BAA BUM BUH DUM drumroll please..................................................Dm arpeggio
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Last edited by kolonelkadat at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by kolonelkadat
ETA:its just a BAA BUM BUH DUM drumroll please..................................................Dm arpeggio

The little run at the end, in all its generic glory, makes it look a lot like Bleeding Mascara.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I know for a fact that's the exact arpeggio used for Bleeding Mascara.
Quote by vayne92
I know for a fact that's the exact arpeggio used for Bleeding Mascara.

I know for a fact that's the exact same arpeggio used in a lot of songs. Idk the song though and it probably is but JSin bro.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

It's Bleeding Mascara I wanted to start by something big, but it seems from what I've been told, that 3 string sweeping is a good place to start.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.