Someone told me that my guitar strings are just too hard to press. He advised me to be buying electric guitar strings for my acoustic guitar.
Is the tension softer with electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar?
Will the strings be as durable?
In short, is it a good idea to use electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar?

~Kw~A nation.
if your acoustic guitar strings are too stiff. go get a lower gauge acoustic guitar string.

Go get some 9 gauges i change it from a 10-11 gauge and now its much more comfortable to play my acoustic guitar
Quote by Kunda wallace
Someone told me that my guitar strings are just too hard to press. He advised me to be buying electric guitar strings for my acoustic guitar.
Is the tension softer with electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar?
Will the strings be as durable?
In short, is it a good idea to use electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar?

~Kw~A nation.

No. Your guitar will not sound nearly as loud or as good as it ought to and you might end up damaging your guitar due to the difference in tension (standard tension is around .12-- .09 is a significant drop).

Also, have YOU been noticing a problem with your strings? This someone may have made up some story in order to not look like a n00b because he can't play your guitar (for whatever reason). If you find them uncomfortable, I'd recommend switching to Martin Silk n' Steels--very folky sound, but crazy comfortable--or having your action lowered.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
I used a .10 high E electric string on my electroacoustic once... It wasn't too bad but it only lasted some months then it snapped.
Professional lurker since 2009.
If your guitar is physically hard to play, it needs a set-up rather than different strings.

You need to have the action adjusted. It's typical for instruments to be shipped with a rather high action as the manufacturer knows that picky guitarists will want it set up to their liking, and it's much easier to lower the action than it is to raise it....
Take it to a decent shop/technician and have it set up properly.... Your fingers will thank you.