I listed my car on craigslist yesterday and I should be having some guy over in 2 hours to come take a look at it. It's a 98 camry and I listed it for $3,400 which is what the kelley blue blook estimated its worth as.
Anyway, anybody have any tips on how I should go about doing this? The only things wrong with it is that the window on the driver's side isn't working and the paint on a couple places has peeled off. I'm a bit worried on how badly that might impact people's opinion of the car. Other than that though, it runs well and has been properly maintained.
Any advice?
IF he knows what to expect he'll come with the proper standards. Hell just tell him the things that are wrong with the car and if you're knowledgeable, he'll have a good second take on probably getting it.
Quote by Masamune
I listed my car on craigslist yesterday and I should be having some guy over in 2 hours to come take a look at it. It's a 98 camry and I listed it for $3,400 which is what the kelley blue blook estimated its worth as.
Anyway, anybody have any tips on how I should go about doing this? The only things wrong with it is that the window on the driver's side isn't working and the paint on a couple places has peeled off. I'm a bit worried on how badly that might impact people's opinion of the car. Other than that though, it runs well and has been properly maintained.
Any advice?

Make sure you know in advance what you'll realistically accept for it, obviously the guy coming is going to want to pay less than the advertised price, so be prepared to haggle.

Make a big deal about ordinary features. Say things like you'll throw the CD player in with the car, rather than replacing it with the orginal radio for example. Stuff like that. It's always good to try and persuade people they're getting more for their money.

To be honest though, I've only ever sold a shitty little Corsa that belonged to my missis, and that was only worth like £300.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I sold my 97 Stratus for $1600, asked $1700 so that was pretty good. Just be honest with them, and don't expect them to pay the advertised price. If they make a decent offer but you don't think it's enough, "split it down the middle" with them. When I sold my car they first offered $1500, told them we can meet in the middle and they could use that extra $100 to buy new hubcaps and windshield wipers, and pay for gas.
Yeah I'm expecting people trying to haggle. I've got a minimum price in mind that I won't go under. I guess the only documentation I need to give to the buyer is the title and a bill of sale right? Still waiting for this guy to show up, he called me 50 minutes ago saying he'd be here in half an hour...just hope he's not a flake.