Hey guys, i recently got a epiphone plustop pro fx equipped with a floyd rose special.

So i've set it up correctly...(i think) when i dive, it stays perfectly in tune. but when i pull up, the 6th string goes sharp. all the other strings also go sharp. could you guys give me some pointers on how to stop this? its getting annoying.

Thanks
I'm not all that familiar with Floyds but try new springs
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Are you sure that you have stretched the strings well enough? it will do that for a little while until they are stretched. At least mine does everytime i replace the strings. then its perfect
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by ShiroiShu
Hey guys, i recently got a epiphone plustop pro fx equipped with a floyd rose special.

So i've set it up correctly...(i think) when i dive, it stays perfectly in tune. but when i pull up, the 6th string goes sharp. all the other strings also go sharp. could you guys give me some pointers on how to stop this? its getting annoying.

Thanks
There's part of your problem right there.. Sometimes a little machine oil on the knife edges will help.

Quote by IronMaiden76
So in typical UG fashion you decided to give advice on something you know nothing about.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by IronMaiden76

If you're not familiar with the product you shouldn't give advice on it. New springs won't help this problem at all.

TS: First try some machine oil on the knife edges (as the other guys have said).

If that doesn't work, you may have a catch point somewhere on your bridge or on the nut. I had a similar problem with the ZR bridge on my Ibanez. Pull up on the bridge, and listen for a ping. Wherever you hear the ping, that's where the catch point is.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
just dive bomb and pull up on your guitar like 10 or so times, the furthest it can go, and tune it from there. you just need to stretch the strings out first.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

this is going to sound stupid but make sure you put the locking nuts on wrong. i always get confused
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
this is going to sound stupid but make sure you put the locking nuts on wrong. i always get confused

Ummm, just a guess here but.....

this is going to sound stupid but make sure you do not put the locking nuts on wrong. i always get confused

or perhaps even....

this is going to sound stupid but make sure you didn't put the locking nuts on wrong. i always get confused

????
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Jun 28, 2011,