Let's just talk about some of those brands that hardly anybody bothers to look at but make excellent guitars. For starters, Reverend Guitars are very nice. Most of them are made out of korina (a "super mahogany", or so I've heard) and sell under $1000. For such a bargain I'm surprised nobody else has taken advantage of this brand. Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys uses one, but I'm not sure which model.

Okay, anybody else got a brand they'd like to share?
Eleca makes okay electrics. very underrated though
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
Duesenberg and Fano.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
oh yeah and Taylor deserves more respect than it gets
I've never heard of Eleca, I will check them out. Fano guitars are very sweet, and Duesenbergs are incredible as well. Too bad their way out of most people's price range, hahah.

Has anyone heard of Beartone? I just heard about them today which inspired me to put up this thread in the first place.
Boh, I got a lot of those. I am someone who likes to be unique, I want to be 'that guy with the guitar nobody's every seen'.

Some (medium) rare brands I like are Eastwood, Höfner, Michael Kelly, Hägstrom, Washburn and DBZ Guitars. Not all of these are that rare, but they all are great alternatives for people who don't want to have the usual Gibson, Fender or PRS, but want something a bit more special (and cheaper in most cases).
Quote by BigJellybean
I've never heard of Eleca, I will check them out. Fano guitars are very sweet, and Duesenbergs are incredible as well. Too bad their way out of most people's price range, hahah.

Has anyone heard of Beartone? I just heard about them today which inspired me to put up this thread in the first place.

cant say that I have but the name sounds nice
Quote by Minimum92
Boh, I got a lot of those. I am someone who likes to be unique, I want to be 'that guy with the guitar nobody's every seen'.

Some (medium) rare brands I like are Eastwood, Höfner, Michael Kelly, Hägstrom, Washburn and DBZ Guitars. Not all of these are that rare, but they all are great alternatives for people who don't want to have the usual Gibson, Fender or PRS, but want something a bit more special (and cheaper in most cases).

Same here, man. However, if I get the chance to own an old SG or Gibson Hollowbody, I'm taking them, hahah.
I forgot about Godin. they are great value for money, too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I dunno but Godin is like HUGE around me. Every local music store has them O.o Quite nice guitars. They also have quite collections of Hamer and Indie.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jun 28, 2011,
I have an old Raven, Hohner, Mann, Charvel, Pan, Univox and Series A. Looking at a Piranha tomorrow. I do have one recognizable guitar, an Epi. I guess you could say I'm not a fan of the big prices, oh, I meant to say big names.
+1 to Way Cool JR. for Kramers
Hell, even cheap Kramers push above their price (im talking those cheap flying V's and Pacers etc. damn fine guitars for the price)

Black Knight

havent tried them, but maybe will get a 7-string from them, people say they're really satisfying for the measly price
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
No one talks about G&L ever and their import stuff is better than most USA Fenders. Oh and Lackland bass guitars, my cousin got one last year it is amazing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Eleca is an annoyance where I live. The local Music store only stocks Eleca guitars. Anything else there is used or has to be special ordered. Almost all of the guitars are Strat copies and their quality is so-so at best.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz