Basically, my phone fell out of my shirt pocket in the woods behind my friend's back yard when I was sneaking into his house. It's been there for a few days, and I just managed to get back there and find it yesterday. Everything works, except the screen, which makes it essentially worthless. It's rained since then, so I'm assuming it's water damage. Is there anything I could do to repair it? My step-dad definitely won't buy me a new phone; he even refused to buy the insurance, saying that if I break it, I'm not getting another one.
take it apart as much as you can, then put it under a desklight for a few hours and the heat off hte light should sort it (found that one out on blue peter a few years back)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by LostLegion
I think you put it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 24 hours if its water damage.

This.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Do I take it apart before putting it in the rice, or put it in as one piece?

Quote by slashermaster
Why were you sneeking into his house?
It's a really long story. I tried explaining to somebody everything that took place that night and the following day, and it took about a half hour.
If it's been turned on with water damage rice might not help. Also, towels are just as good as rice, just leave it in a warm environment for a day or two and hope for the best.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by herby190
It's a really long story. I tried explaining to somebody everything that took place that night and the following day, and it took about a half hour.

lmao MY MIND HAS A MIND OF iT'S OWN PARADOX
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
Easiest solution: Dont drop your phone in the woods and leave it there for days in the rain
Quote by nfrench7fold
Easiest solution: Dont drop your phone in the woods and leave it there for days in the rain

Yes, TS. Try this and see if that fixes your phone.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by ryan_nadon
Yes, TS. Try this and see if that fixes your phone.

TS shall reverse time, DON'T DOUBT HIM!
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
It only works if you put it in rice as long as you didn't try turning it on, I'm assuming you did so you're pretty much fucked. Give your step-dad a blowjob and hope for the best, if you get a new phone, banging, if you don't, at least your step-dad gets a blozza.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by nfrench7fold
Obviously, my bad. I chose to drop my phone in the woods because I thought it would be fun. Don't know what I was thinking. Obviously, you're a genius for figuring out where I went wrong.... seriously, I think you're my new god. Can I have an article of your clothing to worship?
Phones aren't useless when the screen's fucked.
I still managed to call my girlfriend when I broke my screen, though her voice was a lot deeper and man like when she answered...oh shit

Still though, I managed to work my phone
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by herby190
Obviously, my bad. I chose to drop my phone in the woods because I thought it would be fun. Don't know what I was thinking. Obviously, you're a genius for figuring out where I went wrong.... seriously, I think you're my new god. Can I have an article of your clothing to worship?

Nonsense I am a mortal just like you. But Im way curious how this happened. Can you just give us a tl;dr version of the story?
Quote by herby190

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by nfrench7fold
Nonsense I am a mortal just like you. But Im way curious how this happened. Can you just give us a tl;dr version of the story?
Sorry; I've been reading Homestuck too much, and I think I'm starting to pick up on one of the character's personalities.

The part that's important to this topic was when we needed to sneak into my friends house through the back. I had my phone in the shirt pocket of my flannel. There was a part when we were going through the woods where I had to bend over to go under branches; I'm assuming that's when my phone fell out, seeing as I found it under a particularly low tree branch. Fast-forwarding to the next morning, I realized I didn't have my phone, but we all had to leave because the person who's house we were in was grounded, and wasn't supposed to have people over, and his parents would be coming home soon. I wasn't able to get back there to get my phone until yesterday, and I lost it there Wednesday night.
If it is water damage and it's been left for a day or so then it is most likely dead. The desktop light thing tends to work if you drop it and get it straight out but not over that amount of time. However if it is the screen you might be able to find a new one if you're lucky, then it shouldn't be too hard to fix it (hopefully.)
My name is Jack.