Hello, first of all, I would like to explain my situation then I ask, for US players, their opinion:

I live in Brazil. If you're willing to buy a Gibson Lp here, you would pay the equivalent of 8,000 bucks (a new one) or almost 4,000 for a used Studio.

I can't afford any trip to the US to search and test a guitar myself. What I can do is: buy from the internet, ship to a friend and then he comes to Brazil and brings it to me.

I'm looking for a thick humbucker sounding and good looking guitar, like LP, SG or Mockingbird.

I know it isn't a good business to buy a new Gibson these days. So I need a used one. I'm looking for a SG: thick sound, relatively cheap and easy to find.

Where is the most reliable place to look for?

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedGear/index.cfm

http://www.vintageguitars.net/

http://www.ebay.com/

I think a SG Standard from the 80's would fit well. Not much expensive w/ good quality.
I have JCM800 and play classic rock/metal.

The instruments found at GC's used shop are usually in shape (as said)? Are neck condition/wood/hardware specifications reliable?

Is there another source of good used guitars where I can buy from w/o looking myself?

As I said, I have no condition to test them myself. That's the only way.

Thanks in advance.
as long as you have someone to pick up the guitar i'd go with somewhere like Guitar Center as they inspect guitars that are used so the chances of getting a total crap guitar are far less. make sure you check with airlines to see which ones will allow a guitar as a carry on.
Too bad the shipping cost is so high. (It would cost about $500 to send one guitar from Canada to Brazil!!!) It's really risky to buy a guitar without feeling it. I have a cheap SG clone that I bought because I like the feel, but my kids don't like it at all. ("the neck is too thick", "the frets are too small", whine, whine) I think you should consider getting several really cheap guitars. One of them could be perfect. Playing more than one guitar makes you more versatile.
Quote by RebuildIt
Too bad the shipping cost is so high. (It would cost about $500 to send one guitar from Canada to Brazil!!!) It's really risky to buy a guitar without feeling it. I have a cheap SG clone that I bought because I like the feel, but my kids don't like it at all. ("the neck is too thick", "the frets are too small", whine, whine) I think you should consider getting several really cheap guitars. One of them could be perfect. Playing more than one guitar makes you more versatile.

Someone brought my JCM800 for $150 plus weight cost. The guitar can be transported freely, since it's used and I friend will bring it to me.
Guitar Center, Sam Ash, and Musicians Friend all carry used stock. I have also heard very good things about CowTown Guitars in Vegas and they will also ship to where ever your friend is.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate