X-Men: The Last Stand
5 4%
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
19 17%
X-Men: First Class
47 41%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 2
Best one? (I think X-Men easily takes it)
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
X Men 2 is the best. Xmen first class was an okay film but a terrible Xmen film.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Origins: Wolverine

But seriously, First Class is better than all of them combined, and then some. Plus it has the most realistic portrayal of Wolverine yet.

X2 is definitely second. The thing I can't stand about 1 and 2 are how weak Magneto is. I mean, seriously he's one of the most powerful beings on the planet but is reduced to a weakling.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Jun 28, 2011,
I like first class a lot. There not great movies to begin with anyway.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
X-Men and X2 were not hard to get through.. they were incredible movies. I cannot say that for First Class. The movie freaking fell apart so fast.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
X-Men and X2 were not hard to get through.. they were incredible movies. I cannot say that for First Class. The movie freaking fell apart so fast.

See, I'm the opposite, I begin to get distracted halfway through 1 and 2, but I could go through First Class multiple times in a row and it would still just fly by because it's so good. I get distracted about 5 minutes into 3

X2 also gets props for the boner-inducing Nightcrawler scene at the beginning.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I reckon number 3 is up there. (I haven't seen first class )
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Not seen First Class yet, though I plan to.
Origins is the one I enjoyed the most, just ahead of the X1
I see how First Class would grab most of you... but cmon haha. It started out FANTASTIC, but we all know that there were terrrrrible rushes and gaps in the second half.
Quote by Overlord
They were all pretty poor, or at least did no justice to the X-Men series. However, I enjoyed X2 the most of all. I just wish one of them would have been fully accurate to the X-Men time line.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Haven't had the chance to see First Class yet, so I said X2. But I've heard First Class is better.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
First class. I can see first class turning into a trilogy much like Cristopher Nolans Batman.
Sail upon the open skies
First Class was very messy, I don't really get why everyone liked it so much? It was okay and all, but it wasn't something to write home about. And Xavier was turned into a slimy creep.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
First Class was very messy, I don't really get why everyone liked it so much? It was okay and all, but it wasn't something to write home about. And Xavier was turned into a slimy creep.

But on the other hand, Magneto was turned into something much more close to what he actually is.

I'll pick that one.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
But on the other hand, Magneto was turned into something much more close to what he actually is.

I'll pick that one.

Hmm, I agree, he was great. The problem was that the story didn't really make sense, you just had to accept it was all a platform for Magneto being a badass. First Class doesn't really fit with the other films either, which is a shame.
CuSO4

I hope people are not choosing First Class just because of the improvement in accuracy (particular for Magneto) ><. First Class was shit IMO. If we gauged every movie on whether how accurate it was or not, then we'd all be watching documentaries 24/7.

X1 and X2 are clearly the best done so far.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Hereiwas
X Men 2 is the best. Xmen first class was an okay film but a terrible Xmen film.

Are you high? Xmen first class was the best Xmen movie ever made.
Anyone with a brain can see that First Class nosedived..
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
I hope people are not choosing First Class just because of the improvement in accuracy (particular for Magneto) ><. First Class was shit IMO. If we gauged every movie on whether how accurate it was or not, then we'd all be watching documentaries 24/7.

X1 and X2 are clearly the best done so far.

I'm not sure if you've ever read a comic, but the comics are much better than any of the movies, so yes, accuracy does mean a lot in the sense that being inaccurate is taking away from the amazing X-Men universe.

Also, acting plays a big part in how much I enjoy a movie, and even with Magneto's rapidly changing accent at the end, First Class definitely out acts all the other movies tenfold.

Lastly is story. I like First Class because it does have a great story that ties to real events. X2 had an equally good plot I'd say. 1 was a good try, but it was a seriously weaksauce scheme for Magneto.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Eh.. every hollywood director knows that accuracy comes second. You wanna make a blockbuster comic hero movie, then shape it into something digestable for all the non-comic book readers.

In X1 and X2's case, its done pretty damn well. First Class was just a bad movie imo
Quote by Overlord
Watchmen/Lord of the Rings/a bunch of other movies I don't feel like going through say hi.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Lol, I'm not saying that these movies aren't accurate bud. I'm just saying, don't cast down the ones that are just as good, yet not as accurate.
Quote by Overlord
That's not to say that a film has to be accurate to be good (Scott Pilgrim anyone?), it's when it pertains to the powers and personality of Magneto, one of the very most important characters in the Marvel universe, you kinda have to draw the line.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

i liked wolverine just cos it didn't try to be smart, it was just well done action scenes. first class tries to be too clever, and i really couldn't care less about the accuracy of it
Welp, I can see how you, a comic book reader, would distinguish that line easier than me or any of my other friends who I saw X1 and X2 with. Neither my friends nor I made complaints about Magneto as 1.) we didn't read the comics so how could we know? and 2.) Ian McKellen did a pretty damn good job with it, despite accuracy flaws
Quote by Overlord
Quote by teh_goon
first class tries to be too clever, and i really couldn't care less about the accuracy of it

My point exactly.
Quote by Overlord
X-men 2 though i dont remember it much.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I write poetry
And it sucks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities

Read that and you'll understand why us comic fans are pissed
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Thanks for reminding me how amazing the Wolverine one was.. Man I need to go pick that up now..
Hard for me to choose between X2 and First Class. I guess First Class. It has the hottest female characters.
Quote by SMED420
Are you high? Xmen first class was the best Xmen movie ever made.

I don't know. The whle thing was kind of... vague? or distant or something. It didn't *feel* like X-Men. And there wasn't much reason to say it was 60s either. If they'd had a Withnail And I style soundtrack, with All Along THe Watchtower-stuff plus some incidental music, it would have been great, but the only good song they had was Green Onions.

The story was frustrating too, because you had to first accept that they were all just going to fight it out on those boats at the beginning for the rest to make sense.

It's totally a good film, real fun and stuff, and definitely better than Origins: Wolverine, but I don't agree with just how good the reviews are.
CuSO4

X2 is definitely the best in my opinion, although I haven't seen First Class yet so I can't comment on that...Wolverine is obviously the worst one by a mile though.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
From what I've heard about Origins: Wolverine, I am glad I still haven't seen it.
Quote by Overlord
X2 was awesome, but my enjoyment of it was constantly interrupted thanks to how horribly Cyclops was castrated in these movies. Now I've read approximately none of the comics but I seem to remember as a kid knowing Cyclops is obviously the coolest person ever. Wolverine was a fun movie, and Liev Schreiber made a freaking awesome Sabertooth. Overall I'd say the one I thought was the all-around best was First Class. Interesting characters, the plot was engaging but not overly complex, and Magneto got to be badass as shit. I don't know why you would make a poll and then claim the highest percentage of voters have no brain.
It was merely a jest. I do think, though, that First Class was seriously damaged by the rushed feeling it had, and the "what the **** they just turned to the bad side all of the sudden?!" feeling. I think that, if you say First Class is the best then that's fine. But to not even mention the obvious flaws or show that you didn't even catch the TERRIBLE gaps that First Class had means that your intelligence is questionable.

:P
Quote by Overlord
First Class was a really interesting take on the X-Men story. I don't care what other traditionalist say, I thought it was both a very good film and a solid rendition of what I would have wanted for a prequel.

Still, I have the fondest memories of X-Men as a film with X2 and think it had the strongest energy and focus. The strength is strange. It is really not what you'd expect from a 'comic book movie'.

/film thread
Charles and Erik were the best parts of First Class. The acting and characterization were great. But everything else in the film was uninteresting, and no matter how strong those two characters were, they couldn't save the film for me. That said, I think X2 takes it. Even though no one aspect is better than Fassbender and MacAvoy, it holds together as a film far better than First Class, in my opinion.
Page 1 of 2