Suprisingly X-Men got two great animated series.

X-Men:

X-Men Evolution:

Both have their merits but I'm not sure myself which one I prefer. I think we call all agree though that X-Men has the better theme song.
It might just be the generation gap, but I feel like Evolution was just trying way too hard to "xtreme" and awesome for the younger generation and lost a lot of what made the original good.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
The first is much better, I always felt embarrassed when I watched Evolution, even though it was probably aimed at my age (6,7, 8 year olds?).

Storm is my favourite character in it, closely followed by Rogues I think. I was always hoping that I would discover mutant powers when I turned 11 too haha.

there's a pretty mad series where the war between mutants and humans gets real intense and it's all future-y right? Anyone remmebr that?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
The 90s one was streets ahead.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
What about Wolverine and the X-Men?

(Invalid img)

I'm still rather shocked that they cancelled it.
Some people use quotations,
Some people are just perverse,
Some people have ironic machinations,
But I'll just break into verse!
Quote by Hereiwas
The first is much better, I always felt embarrassed when I watched Evolution, even though it was probably aimed at my age (6,7, 8 year olds?).

Storm is my favourite character in it, closely followed by Rogues I think. I was always hoping that I would discover mutant powers when I turned 11 too haha.

there's a pretty mad series where the war between mutants and humans gets real intense and it's all future-y right? Anyone remmebr that?

Damn I do remember that! (btw I agree with you on the rest) I forgot the name but yeah I remember lots of lasers, robots and rogue being with the rebels. (and kinda old)

good days..
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by Flipje
Damn I do remember that! (btw I agree with you on the rest) I forgot the name but yeah I remember lots of lasers, robots and rogue being with the rebels. (and kinda old)

good days..

Hmm,I thought she was older in them haha. Gambit was a beast too.

How come everyones talking about X-Men so much at the minute?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
Hmm,I thought she was older in them haha. Gambit was a beast too.

How come everyones talking about X-Men so much at the minute?

Someone made a thread on the X-Men movies which another user likely saw and decided to make a thread about the TV shows.

But yes, I withhold my view that the original was miles better. Better depth, accuracy, plot, animation, voice acting [IIRC], and included way more mutants.
A SIGNATURE.
This is tough. i agree that Evo tried a bit too hard to be "cool" and that is why it suffered at first, but IMO, the show got a lot better starting with season 2 once it became more serious. I also loved the 90's series but in the end I prefer Evo because it just seemed more down to earth.
I never really got into the original one, so I prefer evolution. Basically what sticksause said. The first season was a little rough at first but by the second they had really hit their stride. The whole series is on hulu if I recall.
Balls.
i loved both!

the original was just too badass though, i loved the look of ol cartoons. I love the look of old 80's/90's movies too... maybe i am just too nosstalgiac....
I love the original, it was really cool. Never watched evo season 2 though....
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
The first one was badass.

Evolution is another one of WB's poor attempts to attract younger audiences.
Quote by SG_dave
I grew up with X-Men and loved it. But evolution had Kitty and Nightcrawler. Tough call.

So did the original
A SIGNATURE.
I prefer the 90's X-Men.

But what about the X-Men anime series.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

^ prof x looks like he has a lump of flesh hanging of his forehead.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by SG_dave
They got next to no screen time though

Nightcrawler wasn't a main member of the X-Men in the show, but he was in two episodes and Kitty made 0 appearances (really, who cares?) but there were tons of appearances and cameos from way more badass mutants in the original. The original had way better plots too. Like the two part episode where time-travelers go back in time to kill Xavier and it messes with the present time where there is now a mutant resistance led by Magneto with member of the X-Men being part of the resistance.

*Sigh*... the original was just way more dynamic and even epic.
A SIGNATURE.