I was watching this show on discovery called "Deception" and there's a guy who is a mentalist and he can hypnotize people in several different ways.

For example, he created a sleep agent who would do any "mission" he said to do while under hypnosis (and he did).
He also made 85% of an audience fall asleep and wake up believing they had just seen a 90 minute comedy film that was extremely funny.

Discuss...
Yeah, mentalism is bananas.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
maybe they were just actors, and the real deception... was deceiving you, TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's bullshit, dude. Much like the Penn & Teller post above.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Bs. Ps: Moar Bs.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Ts, go over there and meet that guy and ask him in person.
Let us know what the answer is.

The tension is killing us!
Is this real?? fake?? omg???
well hypnotism is a well studied area, and brain scans have recently provided strong support for the state theory, that is that hypnotism is a real state, like sleeping or consciousness, and it suggest stuff like this is real, it can be done.interestingly, around 10-15% of people are believed to be strongly resistant to hypnosis, just like in the audience of the show

Also bear in mind they probably target people who they believe will react well to hypnsis, eg highly suggestable people
Louis Theroux also once did a story on hypnotism.
Then he once was in a show between the audience and they tried to hypnotize him.
They said 'sleep' and tapped him on his head.
He went to sleep...

After that he said that he wasn't sure if it was the hypnotism or the pressure that he had and that he might have been playing along
Quote by toine
Louis Theroux also once did a story on hypnotism.
Then he once was in a show between the audience and they tried to hypnotize him.
They said 'sleep' and tapped him on his head.
He went to sleep...

After that he said that he wasn't sure if it was the hypnotism or the pressure that he had and that he might have been playing along

Well that's the beauty of stage mentalism. It doesn't matter what did it as long as the effect is the same.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.