Hey Guys, I currently own one guitar, ( Schecter C-1 Classic )

I love it to death, but, I play a lot of metal, with chugging, and I'm a very light kid.

I use Dimarzio's strap locks and when I play live, I like to move around ALOT.

I don't have a wireless system yet, ( Don't need one for now )

I have around 500$ to spend, I'm only looking at used gear off cl, ebay.

I was thinking a Gibson SG Faded, or a LP Studio Faded.

I don't really care what pickups, Honestly, I think most the tone comes from the amp.

But I do want a mahogany body, unless someone points me somewhere else..

Basically I just need suggestions on a good performing guitar, that looks decent, and able to bounce around with ( without hurting my shoulders )

Also: My C-1 is about 11 lbs.
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Fender Hot Rod Tweed Deluxe
- Crybaby->EBVPJr->TU-2->TS9->OCD->NS-2->DD-20->DL4->RV-5
A Gbison is going to be just as heavy as your Schecter. You've got to understand that more weight means more sustain. If you're really looking for a nice, light guitar look into something in the Ibanez RG series or a Jackson.
Look into a Parker. Adam D. from Killswitch Engage switched to those guitars. I'm pretty sure he had some back problems and needed a light guitar.
Quote by Amaseng
A Gbison is going to be just as heavy as your Schecter. You've got to understand that more weight means more sustain. If you're really looking for a nice, light guitar look into something in the Ibanez RG series or a Jackson.

Indeed. If you're looking for lightweight, Gibson isn't really your best option. I guess you could always make sure to get a damn comfortable strap to help carry that weight. As a very skinny guy myself I know what you're talking about.

Is there a skinny guitarists UG group?
REGGIE
You could build up your strength or then get a lighter guitar as suggested above. Parker guitars for example aren't that heavy. Of course, any guitar with either alder or basswood body is lighter than a mahogany one.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jun 28, 2011,
jackson do the sls series, which is the super light soloist. theyre quite cheap from most shops now, and are incredibly light and sound amazing
Quote by Waylanderau
If you're set on a Les Paul shape you could try one of the LTD Ecllipse models, they give you the ' Paul vibe without a lot of the weight.

A new stock Les Paul Studio weighs less than ESP EC-II. I've tried 'em both.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I've been looking at some DBZ guitars lately they might stretch your budget bit but they look beautiful, light and im pretty sure they'd give a decent tone for metal

Edit: Infact they are very expensive Lmao but always something to look into later on maybe
Last edited by MrWilson6 at Jun 28, 2011,
I'm thinking about buying a gym membership now.
- Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by iheartgator
I'm thinking about buying a gym membership now.

better idea. cause that Schecter is quite a show stunner. just get yourself in shape. haha
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
How ****ing light are you?

If you seriously have issues with any guitar you should see a doctor.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If you have strap lock, then what's the big deal? It's not like you're going to trip and fall off the stage with your guitar and break it...if you fall of the stage because you were bouncing around like an idiot then I guess you asked for it.

If you want a light guitar that you can abuse, get a strat, and mod it for metal, as in new pickups. Strats are almost indestructible.
Quote by ethan_hanus
If you have strap lock, then what's the big deal? It's not like you're going to trip and fall off the stage with your guitar and break it...if you fall of the stage because you were bouncing around like an idiot then I guess you asked for it.

If you want a light guitar that you can abuse, get a strat, and mod it for metal, as in new pickups. Strats are almost indestructible.

Just buy one ready made:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344646

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
chambered les pauls are like under 8 pounds.

you should just drill holes in your shecter if it's too heavy.

that'd be cool.

find a basswood super strat and use that. should be well under 11 pounds.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 29, 2011,
It's not that I'm light. I'm 5.4, short, and 110lbs. Soo it's like when I start doing posi jumps with a cable, the straplock comes off my shoulder! Haha, well I guess soo.

But just bought my gym membership, it just opened, so I got a deal.

& I'll just probably buy a chambered les paul, OR a SG. since I don't really like strat shapes. :P (except schecters).

I'mma probably, find a way to learn stage performance, anyone can help me direct me to a site or tips to looking into that?
- Schecter C-1 Classic
I owned a C-1 Plus and now a SG Faded. The SG is sooooo light. Go for that. I love mine to death. My C1 was set up amazing and I've got my SG set even lower and it's great.
i have two gibson SG's and they are pretty light. especially compared to my Gibson LP's and my Peavey Wolfgangs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
SGs are extremely light.

Also, I own a Gibson LP and a Schecter Damien Solo 6 Elite...the Schecter is heavier
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
My Ibanez S7320 weighs nearly nothing, has a mahogany body and an awesome tone. So I suggest looking into the Ibanez S series.
Gear:

Ibanez S7320 with SD Blackouts
Ibanez RG321EX with EMG 81/85
Fender Mexican Strat w/ TB-4
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez GSR205
Line 6 HD500x
Ashdown After Eight
Line 6 Flextone III XL
BBE Sonic Maximizer Stomp
Quote by Jord-e
My Ibanez S7320 weighs nearly nothing, has a mahogany body and an awesome tone. So I suggest looking into the Ibanez S series.

if he can stand the necks, this is a great suggestion.

good call.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Tom 1.0
How ****ing light are you?

If you seriously have issues with any guitar you should see a doctor.

I have problems with playing Les Pauls, or any other heavier guitar. Too hard on my back.
Granted, I do have back problems.

Also, I wouldn't call all Jacksons lightweight.
Mine's got a bit of weight to her.
Quote by gregs1020
chambered les pauls are like under 8 pounds.

you should just drill holes in your shecter if it's too heavy.

that'd be cool.

find a basswood super strat and use that. should be well under 11 pounds.

this.

my chambered les paul is stupidly light. gibson = heavy is a silly generalisation really, considering how light most of their guitars actually are - it's only really the les pauls made between 1968 and whenever they started weight releiving that are actually in any way "heavy".
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by iheartgator

But just bought my gym membership, it just opened, so I got a deal.

I can't believe you all sold him on a gym membership because his guitar is too heavy!
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Washburn X50 is an awesome guitar and extremely light weight and be within your budget.
Quote by Syriel
Ibanez. S. Series.

Seriously. If you can stand thin Ibby necks, they're your best friend.

I'll agree with this. I have an S570DXQM. Lightest guitar I've ever played, massive sound. It's all about the neck though...
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by Ignite
Ibanez S.

Why is everyone saying "if you can stand the necks"? The neck on my Ibanez is much better than any Schecter I've played.

It's all preference. Some people don't like flat necks.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by Ignite
Ibanez S.

Why is everyone saying "if you can stand the necks"? The neck on my Ibanez is much better than any Schecter I've played.

Personal preference. Its the same way you feel your Ibby neck is "better" than any Schecter neck.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Ibby necks.
look for a used gibson les paul junior, chugging cant get better on those p90's. might not get death metalish but it works great for sabbath and stuff. plus those bad boys are quite light because they lack the maple top and have a less thick body.
If weight = sustain why is the guitar with the most sustain I've ever played a little cricket bat carbon fibre Steinberger?

PS: also the best stage guitar by leaps and bounds. You can restring the entire guitar in less time than it takes to change one on any other guitar. You don't realise how much a head gets in the way until you have a guitar that doesn't have one. And they have a trem capable of crazy dive bombs and pulls that never goes out of tune.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification