only just starting to sweep pick cause i wanna learn so fast solos has any1 got any good tips or exercises for me to try out
cheers
Yeah: don't go into it with that mentality.

You won't actually gain any skill if you're just pushing for speed, you can't make yourself play faster because it's not something you can control directly.

Improve your technique and knowledge and the speed will come on its own. Read the stickies.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah. Practice slowly with a metronome. Your just wasting your time otherwise.
Exersizes: find arpeggios in songs and play them.
Play them cleanly very slow 100x then go turn your bpms up. Repeat.
i no that im not expecting to wake up an be able to go at it like synyster gates (even thou that would be sweet) just some tips on kind of things u guys played to get it up to speed
Quote by jake0809
i no that im not expecting to wake up an be able to go at it like synyster gates (even thou that would be sweet) just some tips on kind of things u guys played to get it up to speed

Read the stickies. There's a technique thread and an exercises thread. Go nuts.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
1. Buy a metronome
2. Find an arpeggio
3. Use the metronome to play it slow as hell
4. Slowly increase the speed until you start failing
5. Practice until you don't fail.
Quote by Mind_Reader7
1. Buy a metronome
2. Find an arpeggio
3. Use the metronome to play it slow as hell
4. Slowly increase the speed until you start failing
5. Practice until you don't fail.

Basically the same advice I gave.
Read much TS?
Quote by DimebagZappa
Yeah. Practice slowly with a metronome. Your just wasting your time otherwise.
Exersizes: find arpeggios in songs and play them.
Play them cleanly very slow 100x then go turn your bpms up. Repeat.

This guy knows what he is talking about. The key is to play slow and once you've accomplished playing at a certain click without tensing up or experiencing discomfort, move up 2 or 3 clicks at a time.

It also might help you to start with a basic 3 string pattern at first, rather than tackling a monster arpeggio lick before you've developed the right technique.

Hope this helps.