Hey UG folks. So some of you probably know my last threads about a guitar I picked up.
Well long story short I AM getting rid of it and I'm looking into a new guitar again lol.

Now I've been checking out some Ibanez and ESP/LTD models and would like to know from people who've also made this switch... Is it a worth while investment? Or should I just get another 6??

Who can persuade me lol

I play strictly metal btw, I own a Jackson DKMGT, a Dean Razorback Explosion(Selling) and ESP/LTD Viper 100FM(Sold)

I'm playing through a Peavey 6505+ 112 and an Ibanez TS7
Budget?
Why not go to a store and try an Ibanez RG7321?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Ibanez RG7321 would be a good choice, it's pretty nice once you change the pickups. but what would be your budget?

gear
-Richwood: stratocaster
-Ibanez: RG7321
-Fender: Fm 212R
-Line 6: Floorpod
-Epiphone: G-400
-Squier: P bass
-ESP: LTD MH-50NT
Quote by Woffelz
Budget?
Why not go to a store and try an Ibanez RG7321?

There isn't a store with one around.
Budget is anywhere from 4-500.
MAYBE 600 somethin if it's GREAT

I'm in the US btw
i say go for it. they're really fun and you can kill hours messing around with one. if you do end up buying one, i definitely suggest Ibanez because 7 strings have huge necks, but with the skinny Ibanez necks, it easy to get used too.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
How are the necks on the 7321's????

Are they smoothed like my jackson?

Because if the Ibanez doesn't have that swweeeeeeetttt neck with whatever the hell finish they used, idk if i'm interested lol
For metal, 7 string is a great idea.

You don't do a lot of strumming in metal, which a 6 string is usually a more natural fit for.

So you don't have a lot to lose. And you gain a lot with all of that low-end that the 7th string gives you.
Find a 7621 second hand and thank us after

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Find a 7621 second hand and thank us after

I've been looking all over and I can't find a good one!
Moving to 7 isn't a big deal. If anything it's going back from 7 to 6 that is weird. I mostly play 6 string but after ten minutes with one of my 7s suddenly all my 6s feel like little toys. The only thing you can't do on a 7 that you can do on a 6 is thumb-over techniques. But that's more for blues-rock playing, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing that sort of thing in metal. If you will make use of the lower string then go for a 7.
try a schecter? if this ibanez is the one im thinking of i was not imressed with it at all, it sounded thin and weak, and the neck was too thin, it felt and sounded like it didnt have enough meat on its bones you know? but i think the lowest priced 7 string schecter is just a touch out of the price range
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by M_16A
try a schecter? if this ibanez is the one im thinking of i was not imressed with it at all, it sounded thin and weak, and the neck was too thin, it felt and sounded like it didnt have enough meat on its bones you know? but i think the lowest priced 7 string schecter is just a touch out of the price range

I'm not really a schecter fan. Two of my buddies have schecters and I prefer other brands by far.
i bought a cheaper 7 string back 7 or so years ago, and just never liked it or enjoyed playing it. it wasn't for me, but may be great to you.

i just couldn't adapt well enough from 6 to 7 and vice versa, so i sold the 7. made $50 on it though.

i am currently however in the market for a baritone, likely the Gibson baritone that is supposedly coming out this year.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
well there is one for $400 but i probably wouldnt recomend that one, a hellraiser or omen would be the way to go. theres an LTD 7 string for $400 as well, the Stephan Carpenter sig, i havent tried it out but i would imagen its pretty nice
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by Mprinsje
Ibanez RG7321 would be a good choice, it's pretty nice once you change the pickups. but what would be your budget?

Still the best choice for for an affordable 7 string
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
What kinda pickups should I look into?? I don't really want actives if I get the RG7321.
Quote by Levi79
Depends on what kind of tone your searching for. The Crunchlab and Liquifire set and the D-Activator set both are awesome for sure, but it just depends on what your looking for.

Well.... I want the least amount of muddy distortion I can get.
The less mud the better I suppose. But I want it to have a real nice bite to it.

Does that make sense??
Keep looking for a used RG7620 or RG7621 will cost the same or less than a new RG7321 and is a better guitar.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Keep looking for a used RG7620 or RG7621 will cost the same or less than a new RG7321 and is a better guitar.

I'm checkin Ebay regularly and there is literally nothing for the 7621
My Ibanez s7320 is an awesome axe for the price, but the stock pickups are bland and muddy. I upgraded them with SD Blackouts and the guitar really came alive. Really clear and punchy, everywhere on the fretboard. I guess a nice set of passives would do the trick as well.
Gear:

Ibanez S7320 with SD Blackouts
Ibanez RG321EX with EMG 81/85
Fender Mexican Strat w/ TB-4
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez GSR205
Line 6 HD500x
Ashdown After Eight
Line 6 Flextone III XL
BBE Sonic Maximizer Stomp
Hmmmm some good advice i've been seeing! Thanks guys!
I think I'll probably go for the 7321.... I'm not digging the shape of the S732X's
Quote by liampje
If you want to get the rg1257m you got to be quick soon it will have an edge zero II.

I don't even see that guitar listed on Ibanez' site... Mind sharing info on it?

EDIT: Found it. Waaayyy outta my price range. But I'm definitely interested!
Last edited by Zerox8610 at Jun 30, 2011,
I just switched from my Schecter Hellraiser C-1 to a Stephen Carpenter SC 607B.
Awesome Baritone 7 string.
Have a look at the RGA7 or RG7321, but if you're doing any low tunings, they might not be
the best as they only have a 25.5" scale. Have a look at Schecters, they're leading the market
with 7's these days, and for good reason.
If you can, find a second hand Ibby RG7620. They're awesome.