US police smash bystanders cameras / threaten them at gunpoint for recording killing

Page 1 of 5
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/features/2011/06/201162114131825860.html

It was 4am on May 30 when Benoit and his girlfriend Erika Davis saw officers firing dozens of bullets into a car driven by Raymond Herisse, a suspect who hit a police officer and other vehicles while driving recklessly. Herisse died in the hail of lead, and four bystanders also suffered gunshot wounds, the Miami Herald newspaper reported.

Police noticed the man filming the shooting and an officer jumped into his truck, and put a pistol to his head, Benoit said. The video shows officers crowding around Herisse's vehicle before opening fire, followed by indistinguishable yelling at onlookers, including Benoit, to stop filming.

The cop yelled: "Wanna be a [expletive] paparazzi?" Benoit recounted in a TV interview.
Nice to know that the police are free to be a state sponsored group of hired thugs who can do anything, including threatening members of the public at gunpoint for filming, go back to bed america.
extremely old.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Hopefully they lose their jobs. a lot of cops are douchebags in my experience, I think they take the power to their head
I think there was already a thread on this a few weeks ago.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
To assume that all police officers act in that manner is absolutely idiotic.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Zoot Allures
Last Modified: 21 Jun 2011 16:34

That's old?

Al Jazeera isn't the only news network in the world..
there was story about it on yahoo about a month ago.
Quote by bradulator

Not all of them do, but a majority of the ones I have experienced are douchebags
Quote by Zoot Allures
Last Modified: 21 Jun 2011 16:34

That's old?

I tried to find the old thread for you but the search function fucking sucks. No wonder people never use it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Quote by TheBeast54
Al Jazeera isn't the only news network in the world..
there was story about it on yahoo about a month ago.

Oh my , a month. -_-' Clearly the police force has changed so much in that month that it's foolish of me to even bring this up.
this news is so fucking old its cruising with its blinker on.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by benn913
Not all of them do, but a majority of the ones I have experienced are douchebags

It depends on the area. Cops in my town are douchebags, but they also smoke pot and let others get away with it most of the time. STATE CONTROLLED BLAH BLAH BLAH

Just because most of the cops you've experience are douches doesn't make hte rest of them. Unless you're a hard ass criminal, I doubt you've experienced THAT many officers.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Zoot Allures
Oh my , a month. -_-' Clearly the police force has changed so much in that month that it's foolish of me to even bring this up.

You're taking a few individuals from one police department in Miami (These were from the Miami Beach department I think) to represent all of America's police force?

It's time to stop posting.
Quote by daytripper75

That's the one I used. I tried searching for 'police gunpoint' in titles and it told me there were no threads with those words in the title, not even this one.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by lexanirider78

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Quote by bradulator

To assume his point is to personally impugn every single police officer in the country is idiotic.

It's the institution and the laws shielding it from accountability that are flawed.

"In the United States, the laws about the recording of police activity vary considerably from state to state. In Massachusetts, for example, existing laws that forbid recording someone without their permission have been extended to prohibit the recording of police. In Illinois, the law now explicitly bans the recording of police," Cascio told Al Jazeera. "I believe that citizens should have the right to record the actions of officials on duty; Citizens can't really fight back when they see police misconduct, their only tool is the ability to document the misbehaviour."
Quote by metaldud536
You're taking a few individuals from one police department in Miami (These were from the Miami Beach department I think) to represent all of America's police force?

No i am not. I'm posting a news article highlighting how the police can basically do whatever they want if they choose to. We're just lucky this guy managed to save the footage.

Quote by Zoot Allures

I wasn't saying that it was irrelevant. I was referring to you going off of the date that Al Jazeera last modified the the article... It sounded like you thought that Al Jazeera was the first one to break the story.
Older than Abe Vigoda.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by TheBeast54
I wasn't saying that it was irrelevant. I was referring to you going off of the date that Al Jazeera last modified the the article... It sounded like you thought that Al Jazeera was the first one to break the story.

Didn't know :/ Still , people are saying it's 'extremely old' when if it's only a month old it's not that old and it's still relevant.
see what these are?

UG has one too!

Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Zoot Allures
Didn't know :/ Still , people are saying it's 'extremely old' when if it's only a month old it's not that old and it's still relevant.

Maybe it's because we don't feel like listening to the rohrohfightthepowah machine every time you find an article that's already been whined to death about?

Seriously, that thread was full of asshats on both sides, I don't need to hear it all again.

Nope, not all cops are assholes, but the officers involved in this story clearly do qualify as such. This debate about police overstepping their authority will probably go on until the end of time so I'm not going to comment in the matter any further, but from what I've seen and read in this article I do feel that the involved officers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of any applicable laws.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by necrosis1193
Maybe it's because we don't feel like listening to the rohrohfightthepowah machine every time you find an article that's already been whined to death about?

Seriously, that thread was full of asshats on both sides, I don't need to hear it all again.

No one is forcing you to click this thread.
Quote by Zoot Allures
No one is forcing you to click this thread.

I could argue that when I see a name I associate with this kind of thread, like yours, with what seems like a completely black-and-white summary of an event, which practically nothing is as clean-cut as, psychologically I am inclined to click out of a desire to see just how disappoint I'll be - fear of the unknown is worse than fear of the known and all that - and as a result, yes, I am.

But I'm too lazy for that.

Quote by bradulator

So despite the fact that incidents not dissimilar to this happen all the time, we should completely ignore the problem because not all cops are assholes.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
So despite the fact that incidents not dissimilar to this happen all the time, we should completely ignore the problem because not all cops are assholes.

That is not at all what he said, stupid.

I have an idea though : If someone is on your ignore list, it should block all threads made by them too.
I dont care how old this is, the guy is a fucking boss for hiding the memory card in his mouth and deserves a medal.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Dirge Humani
That is not at all what he said, stupid.

I have an idea though : If someone is on your ignore list, it should block all threads made by them too.

Or you could just not click on threads you can see are made by someone on your ignore list?
Quote by Zoot Allures
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/features/2011/06/201162114131825860.html

Nice to know that the police are free to be a state sponsored group of hired thugs who can do anything, including threatening members of the public at gunpoint for filming, go back to bed america.

Actually, police can't do anything they want. If the victims were to take this to court they'd win hands down. You can legally photograph and videotape in any public space you want in the US with the exception of some government buildings and airports.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by CrabSoldier X
Jeez. most of you guys on this site are snoody assholes that think your opinion is law.

srsly

Like opinions on a guitar sub forum matter.

Edit: old
Last edited by djentman at Jun 28, 2011,
this is so fucking old it goes out for the dinner buffet at 3pm.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Page 1 of 5