Page 1 of 3
Hey, all

Happy summer! As a student who finished his GCSEs, I'm now basically in Summer Holidays for 2 months, and I suspect the same applies for a lot of you. So, two months of sitting at home and playing computer games? By September, I think we'll all be a mess So I decided that over the course of the summer holidays, I will be as healthy as possible, within reason, so I don't start the next term badly out of shape and feeling down.

That's not to say I won't spend all day at home playing games and practicing instruments, but, on top of that, I'll be watching my diet, getting my 5-a-day, and trying to go jogging every few days, or otherwise do some intensive exercise to keep fit, or at the very least, not get too far out of shape for the new term

The best way to keep morale up and motivation going is to have others suffering with you, so I turn to you, Pit; A lot of you will also be lazing about over summer, so I challenge you to try to stay healthy with me! Or failing that, see me crash and burn by the end of the week

So, who wants to try and stay healthy?

Disclaimer 1: I am unhealthy. I have avoided every school PE lesson for a year or two, and will never have another. I have never been to a gym. I have never been on a diet. Though I am not too heavy for my size, I am not especially in-shape, and have never really been.

Disclaimer 2: I figured this would be a separate thread to the Exercise Thread (Another exercise-related thing I've avoided ) as it is not specifically about exercise, but rather broadly trying to be healthy over summer. If the thread takes off, though, I'm sure I and hopefully a few others may brave our way into the thread if it comes down to that.

tl;dr Don't wanna get out of shape over summer, I'm gonna do exercise, you do it too!
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
I ride my bike and play tennis a few times a week. I've already won this competition.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I stay in shape by not eating.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Unfortunately, I, and probably most of the rest of this forum, aren't usually so self-disciplined Congratulations on winning before the competition had even started
Rotten Playground

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Last edited by HeretiK538 at Jun 28, 2011,
Im in whats you height/weight? and whats your build? it really depends on whether your too heavy for you're size
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
I'm around 5'7" or 5'8", and on the heavier side of 10st, going on 11st. And it's quite obviously not muscle xD
Rotten Playground

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
ive already decided to join the gym and to stop eating three peanut butter tortillas each morning, although its because ive recently been diagnosed with diabetes and the insulin has caused me to put on weight. Thats one plus to diabetes lol, quick way to lose weight.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Im in the Army. My whole life is running about and sit ups. Do i win?
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Why do people avoid exercise? It can be a lot of fun
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
I've about 6'1-2", and about 11-12 stone, but I'm far too out of shape.

I play football fairly often but I'm going to eat healthier/exercise more.

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
How bout we post weights now and anyone who's in gets added to the original post, then in september the fatties get mocked.
Stratdud, I'm one of those people to whom sport just doesn't appeal I much prefer walking, or other solitary exercise. I can see how it'd be a good move for those interested, though

Edit: Evil-edge, I didn't want to make this a challenge to lose the most weight or anything, as much as to just make sure we aren't letting ourselves go too much over summer. However, I like your thinking, so if it turns into a good idea in my mind, we could do that
Rotten Playground

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Last edited by HeretiK538 at Jun 28, 2011,
Gonna be starting a martial art over summer as soon as a cut in my leg heals properly. So I guess I'm in?
🙈 🙉 🙊
i'm trying the same haha we'll see how it goes
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by HeretiK538
Stratdud, I'm one of those people to whom sport just doesn't appeal I much prefer walking, or other solitary exercise. I can see how it'd be a good move for those interested, though

Oh, I see. I'm kind of the opposite actually as I have no motivation to exercise unless it's contributing towards a sport. Once I get out of high school I'm going to get fat.
I've been working out at least 4 times a week and playing basketball on the weekends. So, I guess I'll just keep doing that.
Stratdud, That's basically the reason we're doing this - Because otherwise, unmotivated, we probably will get fat
Rotten Playground

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
im skinny as it is, but my calf muscles are raging. chicks dig it, at least that's what my calves tell me.
I've been excercising properly for the past 2 years.

I used to play rugby till I got shin splints, then I had to wait for them to heal a little before I took up jogging again.

Now I do some free weights, pushups, crunches, and bike to work.

Feels good brah, my 6 pack is on it's way back.
Been hitting the gym 6days/week since December

have gained 13 lbs

had 4 days off though, went to see my gf in Calgary, just heading out now to catch up
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I'm in. I haven't been working out as much lately.
I don't want to loose weight though, just stay in shape.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
I'm already pretty in shape and well off, but good luck to those of you that do this. I feel alot better now that I'm more in shape than I did about 2 years ago. I'm sure you guys will too.
Last edited by Dregen at Jun 28, 2011,
Heh I was just thinking today I may as well start exercising. Got nothing else to do.

Although I'll probably work on overall fitness (like just running/cycling or something) given I find myself getting tired far too quickly.
I'm not out of shape.
I'm just really unfit.
Massively high metabolism means I never gain weight, and lose it if I'm not careful. I also have no stamina cuz my lungs are ****ed, so I need to work on getting them back up. I'm in.
Quote by frankv
6 days a week sounds like absolute madness, but at least you're getting most out of your gym membership.

Well during the school year its free membership, well its included in tuition,

during hte summer its a membership
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I've been thinking the same thing, mostly that I didn't want to become a fat ass over the summer and maybe even get some muscle on my bones for the first time in my life. I'll follow this thread.
I'm by no means unhealthy, but I'd like not to be so scrawny
stay away from junk food, fill up on protein and vitamins, lift heavy, and get your heart pumping

by the 3rd or 4th week, most people will be addicted to weightlifting. It's much more satisfying than drugs or sitting on your ass all day, you just need to mentally adapt first
I dance and swim a lot, but this summer I'm trying to eat healthier food and start running.
cat
I think someone should start another one of those weight loss challenge threads. Please. I actually want to join one.
Also, I've gone thinking I was 5'7" weighing almost 13 stone, which accoding to BMI (I know, it's unaccurate, blah, blah) would put me right on the edge of the overweight/obese line, just measured myself, I'm 5'5"... Medically speaking I'm obese. Fuck's sake. That's actually inspired me to exercise now.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Jun 28, 2011,
Page 1 of 3