I have a 'Warwick WCA 115 Pro' cab which has a Power rating of 300W, resistance of 8 ohms and sensitivity is 98 dB.

I am thinking of purchasing a head that details '180W at 4 ohms' and '100W at 8 ohms'. That's the speaker output.

Do I just go ahead and plug that into the 8 ohm cab and get 100W or would that damage my cab?
You can connect the cab into either connection of the head. As long as the cab impedance rating matches OR is higher than the head, you're good to go. Never plug a cab rated for less impedance than the head, or you'll cause problems... expensive problems.
What he said. And to add, yes, it will be putting 100W into that cab. Do check to see if there is a switch for that on the back of the amp though, set the switch for the proper impedance.
Quote by sailedchimp
I have a 'Warwick WCA 115 Pro' cab which has a Power rating of 300W, resistance of 8 ohms and sensitivity is 98 dB.

I am thinking of purchasing a head that details '180W at 4 ohms' and '100W at 8 ohms'. That's the speaker output.

Do I just go ahead and plug that into the 8 ohm cab and get 100W or would that damage my cab?

might i say, great phrasing of your question

your SPL output will be up to ~118 dB (at 100 watts). which is very loud.

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/spl.html

that is where i got that estimate from.

and, no, you won't be hurting anything by doing this.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae