Hey.

I'm planning another project and for this I'd like to use slide switches to bypass the pickups.

I'd have dual humbuckers with 1 tone control and 2 volume. I want each slide switch connected to a pickup so that in one position the pickup will be off (or bypassed) and the in the other position the pickup would obviously be on.

I'd also want it so both pickups can be on at once so basically there would be 4 possible configurations:
- bridge on, neck off
- neck on, bridge off
- neck & bridge on
- neck & bridge off

So basically what I need from you guys is a wiring diagram on how to do this if it's even possible.

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

EDIT: I also need to know what kind of slider switches I need.
Last edited by homeless-john at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by fenderfreak100
seems like all you need is a standard 3 way toggle
what kind of guitar?

It's gonna be a cutom shape (still in planning stages).

And I know I could do it with a 3 way toggle much easier but I just want to do something a little different.
Yeah, that's just a normal 3 way toggle, except with a killswitch I suppose.

EDIT: Oh, you want it bypassed... Yeah IDk.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by GibsonMan321
Yeah, that's just a normal 3 way toggle, except with a killswitch I suppose.

EDIT: Oh, you want it bypassed... Yeah IDk.

yeah me either
im more of a repair/ plausible mod guy
*backs away from the topic slowly*
Here ya go

Instead of the standard 3-way switch, you are going to use spdt switches for each pickup. The output from the volume will go to the middle lug of the switch. One lug of the switch will go to ground, and the other will go to the tone pot (Note that in the diagram, I joined those wires relatively early. Preferably, each switch will keep it's own wire and not interact with each other until where they both connect to the tone pot.) Pretty simple, so it should be right
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
Quote by rickygarcia90
Here ya go

Instead of the standard 3-way switch, you are going to use spdt switches for each pickup. The output from the volume will go to the middle lug of the switch. One lug of the switch will go to ground, and the other will go to the tone pot (Note that in the diagram, I joined those wires relatively early. Preferably, each switch will keep it's own wire and not interact with each other until where they both connect to the tone pot.) Pretty simple, so it should be right

That is exactly the ticket.

I really can't thank you enough. There's relatively little I can do to pay you back but just know that I really appreciate this. Thank you.
Quote by homeless-john
That is exactly the ticket.

I really can't thank you enough. There's relatively little I can do to pay you back but just know that I really appreciate this. Thank you.

Hey man, no problem
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!