So I've just seen BB King. A few of his friends turned up to play too, Mick Hucknall, Derek Trucks, Ronnie Wood and some bloke called Slash! A-feckin'- mazing!

They recorded it and will be releasing a DVD. I still can't quite comprehend what I've just seen!
Cool Beans. I saw Trucks with the Allman Brothers, he's incredible. Its unbelievable that BB King still plays as many shows as he does.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
We experienced something special tonight!

My friend and I were expecting guests but were thinking more along the tame lines of Jools Holland or Clapton. Almost everyone stood up for Slash when he came on, and absolutely everyone stood up for Ronnie.

I also couldn't comprehend what was unfolding before me. Priceless.

Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi also delivered wonderfully, especially Derek.

Mick can sing well, but personally I find the tone of his voice a little annoying. He was not neccessary for me.

And all at the Albert Hall Such a wonderful venue.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
So I've just seen BB King. A few of his friends turned up to play too, Mick Hucknall, Derek Trucks, Ronnie Wood and some bloke called Slash! A-feckin'- mazing!

They recorded it and will be releasing a DVD. I still can't quite comprehend what I've just seen!

Dont forget Susan Tadeschi!

I was there too! It was an amazing show

Music and entertainment, it felt more like 'An evening with BB King' than a straight gig

I personally feel that Derek Stole the show, although i was surprised how well Slash fit in, ive never really seen much of his blusier side! I was also surprised by Mick's voice! Man can sing...

It was great, i was sat in the Choir seats (the ones behind the stage) and we could see slash just off stage. A night full of surprises!
On the way up there, me and my mate were saying how we wouldn't be surprised if Trucks and Tadeschi, and then they did!
I too was half expecting (hoping) Clapton to show up...

But yeh, amazing night
Last edited by jaybals at Jun 29, 2011,
I came all the way from Glasgow to attend that gig. Definitely worth it. We too could see the silhouette of slash backstage and couldnt believe our eyes. Theres a half decent recording of thrill is gone up on youtube where you can watch bb king take slash's hat.

What a night.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do