so i went to see Night Birds with World Inferno the other day. the venue made us to believe that Night Birds were a no show when, in fact, they had never even been on the show to begin with. so i paid $15 to see a so-so ska band and World Inferno. every time i go to this place too, it seems like they're annoyed at what are usual goings on at bar/venues. drunk people, stage diving, the headlining band playing past when they were supposed to stop. at one point this dude ****ed up his leg and was laying on the floor, a bartender thought he was passed out drunk and pulled him hard as hell off the ground by one arm.

oh, and they charged me a dollar for a ****ing cup of ice with a sip of water in it.

aaaah, that feels better.
So....stop going there?
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

oh, and they charged me a dollar for a ****ing cup of ice with a sip of water in it.

So you got a full cup of water for $1? That sounds reasonable.
If not illegal, it's definitely at least pretty sketchy for a club to be charging for a water at a show.
Every club/venue here in socal charges for water, unless youre one of the acts.

Ice is free though.... idk why
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Didn't some dude die from dehydration at Warped Tour last year or so?

Bottling and selling water as a commodity is kind of sad.
it's scumbag shit. i ask for water, which they no doubt take from the tap, and i have to pay a dollar? might as well buy a bottle of water. i'm going back to this place to see municipal waste, so i'm gonna ask em for water, and if they ask me for a dollar i'll tell them to take it back and drink out of the tap in the bathroom
Quote by Grawgos
Don't be surprised if MW are no shows.

i highly doubt they'd risk their entire jersey fanbase, it's the only nj show they're playing.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Which venue?

the irish in kearny, with night birds, hammer fight, the uglies, and i think night fever got added. tickets here
Quote by sargasm
Bring your own water bottle and fill it up in the sink

kind of my plan, except i'm gonna ask em for one of their cups. like i said they were giving away free cups of ice
It was only $1. Not that big of a deal.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Quote by Grawgos
Don't be surprised if MW are no shows.

Really? I've never seen them outside of Virginia, where they started, so maybe they're just better about playing locally.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Mouth Sewn Shut, though... Tony can back me up on this. F*cking no-shows at two different attempts at seeing them. The only time I've seen them, it was by accident, before I knew who they were, also on the other side of the country.
Wait...you live in NJ? According to World/Inferno's site, they're in Europe Or maybe they just left...
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
they were a bit disappointing, way better when i saw them with the souls a few years back when franz was still in the band, i think yula was too. they also didn't play Me V. the Angry Mob
Quote by RockThe40oz
World Inferno just played in Philly on Wednesday with Bouncing souls.

I should have stuck around...I drove to Philly over the weekend to see the RX Bandits...but didn't think to check and see what other bands were coming this week. Drove home for 6 hours at midnight instead.
Quote by Greenfinger182
I should have stuck around...I drove to Philly over the weekend to see the RX Bandits...but didn't think to check and see what other bands were coming this week. Drove home for 6 hours at midnight instead.

ouch, how were the bandits, I saw them a couple years after the release of ...And The Battle Begun and they were so enjoyable!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Incredible ****ing show. Well worth the drive both ways. Kind of wish they had played stuff primarily from ATBB and Mandala, but since it's their "final tour", they were kind of doing a discography type of show...2 or 3 tracks from their albums, starting with Progress. That was cool though...they had Apparition, ATBB, Only Another Parsec...great selections. Intensity/energy in the place was incredible and, as always, they played like masters of their craft.

One thing to look out for...their first opening band, called Zech's Marquise, was ****ing awesome. It's an instrumental group...2 guitarists, 1 drummer, 1 bassist, and a keyboard player. Holy shit did they take that venue and make it their bitch. If you like the progressive, theoretically-jamming side of the Bandits, definitely check out these guys. They were way more than I was expecting from an opening act.
Last edited by Greenfinger182 at Jul 22, 2011,
^ see Im coming from the total other spectrum. I miss the old silly yet semi technical bandits that had a horn section on a regular basis and made songs like "all the time" and were sort of in this weird place in between pop punk, ska, and prog.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
^ see Im coming from the total other spectrum. I miss the old silly yet semi technical bandits that had a horn section on a regular basis and made songs like "all the time" and were sort of in this weird place in between pop punk, ska, and prog.

I think the "weird place between pop punk, ska, and prog" was really most prominent on the Resignation. Progress was the album before they actually started making their real progress, in my opinion haha. After that, I feel like AATB was a prog album, but despite the horns I wasn't feeling ska on it...at least not ska as I think of it. The entire middle section seemed very...jazzy to me, perhaps with a splash of reggae, but it didn't come off as ska at all. Mandala was just prog rock to me, although they weren't pulling off the 10-minute jam songs, to be fair.

Quote by Mack56
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/150/19679-zechs2_large.jpg
???

I didn't know he was doing music now.
i'm going back to this place to see municipal waste, so i'm gonna ask em for water, and if they ask me for a dollar i'll tell them to take it back and drink out of the tap.