So I was thinking...most of the people I know, I know through other friends, through family, through working together, through being in a class together, etc. I'm too shy to approach strangers in public and attempt to strike up a conversation, although I have wanted to many a times. Have any of you tried this/do this on a regular basis? And if so, what was the experience like? This doesn't necessarily apply to interactions with the opposite sex alone although that would be many of the cases.
I'm always making friends on public transport. Well not always. Mostly I drive. I'm not poor.
I really really suck at approaching people and initiating conversation. No problem with continuing it, but I'm terrible at taking the initiative.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I like meeting new people but I can't start conversations. Not that I'm bad at talking or anything but I get really shy around people I'm not familiar with.
cat
i only talk to different people if im playing a sport cause ill talk to the other team. thats it.
Quote by halo43
No. I avoid people. Life's easier the fewer people you know.

This.

I go out of my way to avoid people I do know, never mind people I don't. I have a girlfriend, 2 close friends and maybe 1 or 2 aquaintances who I talk to over the internet, but never meet in person. I have no desire for anyone else.
Quote by halo43
No. I avoid people. Life's more boring the fewer people you know.

Fixed

I have no problem talking to strangers. I might be introverted but I'm not shy. What have you got to lose? People are just as timid if not more than you are, it's amazing what can happen when you just take the initiative and do something. I mostly do it at shows.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I go out of my way to avoid people I do know, never mind people I don't.

Me too.

EDIT: Anyway, sometimes I do feel like chatting up strangers. Not to see if friendship or anything comes of it. Just for the hell of it.
MATTERHORN
Last edited by Doctor Matthews at Jun 28, 2011,
Sometimes I wish I could. Like today, there was this incredibly beautiful girl handing out fliers for Rogers (phone company in Canada) and instead of just going up and talking to her I ended up making my friend walk back and forth in this mall so I could keep watching her Thinking back it would have been so simple to just go and take a flier and she would have started talking to me about whatever's being sold. Shit.

But most of the time I like to avoid people all together.
Sure, why not? I've done it plenty of times drunk, and introduced myself as Dr. Love. Works out great.
I go out of my way to avoid meeting new people. I'm incredibly shy.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I love people; I talk to everyone.

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
Nope. Never have, don't really want to.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by halo43
No. I avoid people. Life's easier the fewer people you know.

this is so true, not only easier but better
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I go out of my way to avoid people I do know, never mind people I don't.

This.

I try to avoid other people as much as possible. I've actually been sitting inside for an hour now waiting for everyone outside to fuck off so I can go outside for a cigarette.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"