Page 1 of 2
I know, there are two other review threads here. However, the focus of both of those threads is metal bands. And while I will still review your band if you are metal and treat you with fairness, I will not prioritze you over other genres. I will review all rock/alternative/metal/hardcore/country & western bands. (I would review jazz, but I'm not an avid fan of that genre and could not give you a quality review.) So for those of you who are not t3h m3th4llz, yet would not like to wait behind bands that are for your band to be reviewed, please post your band/group here. I will base my reviews upon the following;

Creativity

Production

Sound Clarity

Talent of Group

I will not give you a high score if your guitarist is Steve Vai but the rest of your band is garbage. Well-rounded bands are generally more able to work together productively.

Thank you, and let me see your bands!!!
Hey dude. I play in a rock band in Queensland, Australia called Why Wait. Not really sure what kind of bands I would compare our sound to...
Anyway, we just released a new song, Live While You Can. Would really appreciate if you could review the band for us. Here's a link to our BandPage on Facebook:

Why Wait

Thanks in advance, look forward to hearing your opinion.
Why Wait:

Location - Queensland, Australia

Style - Hard Rock

Song - "Live While you Can"

The Band "Why Wait" certainly has a good sound, if not an original one. The song opens up with a soft, melodic intro fueled by acoustic guitars, and a soft falsetto vocal delivery which is remeniscient of class acts such as Soundgarden and Alter Bridge. Indeed, the song has an overall tone and feel of a Soundgarden song, albeit without the croon of Chris Cornell. However, the vocalist does hold his own, and is in fact one of the high points in this track. His vocal delivery in this song is flawless, and the singer is obviously very talented. That is not to take away from the guitar work, which I wll discuss in the instrument paragraph below.
The instruments in this song are solid in terms of melody. However, the structure overall is a bit generic and can be repetitive at times, namely in the overdriven chorus. The drums serve the part well, although do nothing to stand out in their own right here. However, the drums do not detract and the instrumentalist is obviously capable. The bass is fairly inaudible, so I won't critique that.

Overall, the song is catchy, and very enjoyable. If you are a fan of Creed, Alter Bridge, Soundgarden, Velvet Revolver or Stone Temple Pilots, you will love this band.

8/10
Last edited by TMIMC_Staple at Jun 28, 2011,
Hey, I'm from the band Days of Tomorrow, we're from the Sacramento, California area and I'd probably consider us like alternative rock.

We recorded this all at home so the production might not be the best.

http://www.reverbnation.com/daysoftomorrow
Check out my band, we are all around 15 years old and we are a somewhat indie/rock band. Days of Tomorrow!
Last edited by Flyingninjabear at Jun 28, 2011,
Days of Tomorrow:

Location - Sacramento, California

Style - Alternative/Indie

First off, let me say that this review may be biased because I love indie rock, and these young men play the style incredibly well. The instrumentalists are all very talented, and for that to be so clear through the questionable recording quality, is saying something. The band itself reminds me very heavily of Kings of Leon style music, with some Oasis-style melody. The singer is averagely talented, but uses his voice to it's full capacity (for example, the soft, whispered vocals in "Ode to Humanity" are chilling). The guitarists and drummer really are what set this band apart from the pack, in my opinion.
The guitars are fairly technical, but not to the point of it being robotic. The guitars seem to solo throughout the entire song, but they avoid being showy by being infectiously melodic. The drummer is immensly talented, putting thrash-style drum fills into light alternative rock, and, more impressively, doing it tastefully. The bassist, in short, makes me want to dance, so mission accomplished there.

The only thing this band is missing is a proper recording studio, and even that wouldn't stop me from buying this kind of music.

9.5/10
Quote by LonelyHashBrown
this. is. great.

Dan Lynch
Indie-Folk-Rock
Syracuse, NY
Dan Lynch BANDCAMP
we just released this EP, thank you for running it through your ears. The band and I thank you.

Dan Lynch

Style: Folk/Indie Rock

Let me say that this group/artist mixes indie and folk music very well. However, the songs themselves are relatively bland and don't show many hooks. The music itself is highly enjoyable, But is easily forgotten. The singer in Dan Lynch tries his hardest at harmony, and his raspy voice adds an interesting flavor to the music, keeping it from being entirely vanilla. Also, on a note, the interesting instrument choices are a high point (at some certain verses, I believe I can even hear a banjo). Overall, while the band itself is not exceptional, the music is also not bad, and should not be protrayed that way.

6.5/10
Last edited by TMIMC_Staple at Jun 29, 2011,
Ha, while we are a metal band, we arent "Br00tal" in the sense most people think. Thrashy, some hard rock influences in some songs, and definitely fast though. If you want, check us out.

Xstrophy
www.reverbnation.com/xstrophy

This is where you can listen to our "Raw and Real EP" which is just something we did in our basement while working on getting the full length recorded in Pittsburgh. Thanks!
Quote by Jay3000

Secondhand Habit

Style - Alternative Rock

This review is going to be fairly short. First of all, this band is VERY misleading. With song titles like "Badass", you would think that hard-driven, knuckledragging riffs would prevail here. But no, chilled-out rhythms, and very melodic vocals, Secondhand Habit is very remeniscient of Weezer. The band has some talent, with each member seeming equally talented. The band could improve by varying it's song structure a bit more, but overall, there are worse things you could listen to. If you enjoy mellow alt. rock, Secondhand Habit will definitely become an addiction of yours.

7.5/10
Bound In Blue

hey please check out my band Bound In Blue.
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by FourNightsGone

Four Nights Gone

Style - Hard Rock/Alternative Metal

The production on this album, sucks. Let's get that out of the way right up front. The instruments are so muddied together that I can hardly discern what's what at some points. However, the music itself is not bad at all. I will divide indiviudal paragraphs for instruments and the vocalist.

The instruments (from what I can tell) are fairly decent, and not overly complex. The guitarists have a very soulful, modern sound to them (a bit like Crossfade), and do the job of hard rock fairly well. However, the drummer tends to sound rushed and gets ahead of the band at points, although not to the point of being annoying at all. The overall music contained in this EP is creative enough for at least one or two spins in your stereo. Now, onto the vocalist...

This band NEEDS a new vocalist. I hate to sound so harsh, but the vocalist is just flat out NOT good at all. His pitch is at best, questionable, and at worst, he sounds like a man who just stubbed his toe. I wish there were something good to say about this vocalist, but there just... isn't.

Overall, the band is fairly bland, but good. Were it not for the singer, I would give them a higher rating. But.. Unfortunately, one can only wish.

5.5/10
Legrement

Style - ???

I cannot review this band until the sound quality improves. I don't even know exactly if there is anything other than a drummer and what seems to be a very angry Luchadore. I will not score you, but words to the wise: Get a decent recording setup, otherwise nobody can tell what the hell you sound like. From what I CAN hear, it doesn't sound too bad.

???/10
Xstrophy

Style - Thrash/Heavy Metal

Xstrophy is metal. I mean the kind of metal that makes you unsurprised when someone yells "SSSSLLLLAAAYYYERRRR!!!" at one of their shows. The music is hard, fast, and heavy. Solos galore, James Hetfield "Yeeaaahhhh!" vocals throughout, this is truly metal as it was originally intended to sound like. Raw, heavy, fast as hell. The vocalist is nothing special, but in this genre, he pretty well does what can be expected from him. The solos could use a bit more variety, as the triplet pattern can get old after roughly... 15 seconds. The drummer is what impressed me the most out of this entire line-up. Fast, complex double bass runs are littered throughout the bands' portfolio, and he has earned my respect as a drummer and musician.

If I have any critique, it would be to vary up the guitars, as the triplet pattern has been used many times (OVER 9000!!!!!) in every uber-tech-death-fusioncore song and it can get very similar. Otherwise, very solid band and definitely one you want to check out.

8/10
The FU'zz

Style - Just... I dunno. Some type of rock.

The FU'zz are a rock band, and that is about as specific as it gets. Whatever it is, I like it. The band certainly knows how to arrange songs, and I cannot comment on individual members' talents, because this band doesn't seem to work like that. The entire band functions as one single unit, which is how a band is meant to function, so props there. The singer is... interesting. I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. He seems to take HUGE inspiration from R&B singers as his style displays many techniques used in that genre of music. Whatever the singer is doing, it's confusing. And if you like it, great. If you hate it, lame. If you're as confused as me when you listen to it, join the club.

As said in the previous statement, I don't really know what The FU'zz are doing, but... they're really good at it.

8.5/10
Quote by cyco_bob56
Oh what the hell.

Here's mine. Just me and a guitar recorded through a cheap mike and straight to the computer. Very little mixing done.

http://soundcloud.com/adriancordero

Cyco Bob

Style - Acoustic

This music is... not good, for the most part. I will try to be civil here. Let me get this out of the way... your songwriting needs work. Your singing.. is talking, there is no pitch variation, at all. I listened to all of your tracks, and while ALL of them feature at least one good idea, they never really develop or go anywhere. However, this should not be all negativity, because there is one song that could actually be quite good.

"Just Another Saturday Night" is very interesting. While the abysmal recording makes it hard to hear much of anything clearly, the song has a good beat, great choice of rhythm, and a great story to accompany it. My advice; DO MORE SONGS LIKE THIS. This song is actually VERY good. So, please do not take personal offense to this review, but I heavily advise you to record songs like this, listen to them, and polish them again and again until they reach their potential. Don't post ideas, post finished songs, and your music may actually go somewhere.

3.5/10
Quote by Numerobofis
I've been having problems with it too. Try http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hold-the-Title/133496826726283

Hold the Title

Style - Pop Punk/Alternative

Again, not good recording, AT ALL. However, Hold the Title has a very interesting song. The guitars are... well they're out of tune for one, but they're creative! The guitars take almost a metalcore approach, but add such a pop flavor that makes the music melodic and infectious. The drums are loud and brash, simplistic to a degree, but not bad at all. They're actually very fitting. The singer is what has me hooked in, though. Her voice is VERY similar to Hayley Williams of Paramore, but a bit lighter. And that's high praise coming from someone who has a life-size cardboard cutout of Hayley Williams in his room. Wait... what?

The male vocalist is slightly like a more apathetic Tom Delonge, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing. Tom Delonge is annoying as hell, and this vocalist isn't. SO Points for that.

Overall, this band has definite potenital, and is an artist I would definitely pay to see in concert.

7.5/10
Ha, thanks for the honest review man. Im workin on variety of the solos right now actually. Glad you did enjoy the songs though. Means a lot when people who arent diehard metal fans (most of our fanbase) can tell us we are doing something good that they can enjoy as much as the people who do run around yelling "SLAAAAYYYYER!"

Bound in Blue

Style - Metalcore

I think I may have a new favorite artist. This review may be short just because I have literally NO criticism. The vocals are superb, although cleans added in would be interesting. The lower screams are brutal, and the highs, piercing. The vocalist is everything that a metalcore vocalist should be - hardcore, and proficient at what he does.

Now, onto the instruments. The instrumentation of this band grabbed me from moment one. Nothing about this bands' arrangements make any freaking sense, for one, and hardly ever repeat. But the one thing that keeps this from being annoying is that each part fits. It's more like a tower of legos and less like those Lincoln Logs that some ass always chewed on so that the pieces don't fit together anymore. (/childhood angst)

Go listen to this band. Now.

10/10
whats your name so i can post the quote and attach your name to it?
Quote by KTFM

Quote by Xiaoxi

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Team_Snorlax
whats your name so i can post the quote and attach your name to it?

My real name? Braden Harris. Glad you liked the review man!
Quote by TMIMC_Staple
My real name? Braden Harris. Glad you liked the review man!

it just simply blows my mind that my band has two 10/10 reviews. like it means a lot to me
Quote by KTFM

Quote by Xiaoxi

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by TMIMC_Staple
Hold the Title

Style - Pop Punk/Alternative

Again, not good recording, AT ALL. However, Hold the Title has a very interesting song. The guitars are... well they're out of tune for one, but they're creative! The guitars take almost a metalcore approach, but add such a pop flavor that makes the music melodic and infectious. The drums are loud and brash, simplistic to a degree, but not bad at all. They're actually very fitting. The singer is what has me hooked in, though. Her voice is VERY similar to Hayley Williams of Paramore, but a bit lighter. And that's high praise coming from someone who has a life-size cardboard cutout of Hayley Williams in his room. Wait... what?

The male vocalist is slightly like a more apathetic Tom Delonge, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing. Tom Delonge is annoying as hell, and this vocalist isn't. SO Points for that.

Overall, this band has definite potenital, and is an artist I would definitely pay to see in concert.

7.5/10

Thanks for checking it out and I'm stoked you like it. One thing though is that I'm pretty sure all the guitars were in tune but thanks anyways.
Quote by Numerobofis
Thanks for checking it out and I'm stoked you like it. One thing though is that I'm pretty sure all the guitars were in tune but thanks anyways.

No problem! And just to clarify, I didn't mean the guitars were out of tune completely, just that the higher strings seemed either a bit off or maybe the guitars had poor intonation. Either way it didn't detract from the music at all. Sounds good!
Quote by TMIMC_Staple
The FU'zz

Style - Just... I dunno. Some type of rock.

The FU'zz are a rock band, and that is about as specific as it gets. Whatever it is, I like it. The band certainly knows how to arrange songs, and I cannot comment on individual members' talents, because this band doesn't seem to work like that. The entire band functions as one single unit, which is how a band is meant to function, so props there. The singer is... interesting. I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. He seems to take HUGE inspiration from R&B singers as his style displays many techniques used in that genre of music. Whatever the singer is doing, it's confusing. And if you like it, great. If you hate it, lame. If you're as confused as me when you listen to it, join the club.

As said in the previous statement, I don't really know what The FU'zz are doing, but... they're really good at it.

8.5/10

Thanks for the review!
My Only Virtue

could you review my best friends band?
Quote by KTFM

Quote by Xiaoxi

ಠ_ಠ
Here is my band
Earth Bound

The demo is on the Bandpage part and we recorded all of them our selfs so some of the songs don't sound so great. (Quote and Seven of nine)
hey...so i dont have like recording equipment or anything, so i'll probably fail in the production or sound quality category, but if you could check out my songs that'd be really cool. Thanks man. Just a myspace thing.

http://www.myspace.com/562132945
Machina Shogunate
Orchestral Rock/Metal/Alternative/Visual Kei

Hopefully a little bit different, a little bit unique. Our 4 track EP is available for free download from our website:

http://www.machinashogunate.com
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
Page 1 of 2