http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXqW6_vArEs

Alright so this is the first time that I recorded vocals in one of my covers and was happy with the results.

The only editing I did to the vocals was add 0.5 gain on a Tube Screamer, and do a preset called Vocal Presence on my EQ. I also layered the vocals at a few points with a quieter vocal track with a lot of reverb.

But yeah please let me know what you think!!
Quote by truiteleague
you are here since 2006 and you don't know that you are in the wrong forum?!

They've been switched around fairly recently

chill out

Edit: I'm no expert on this kind of stuff so I won't pass comment...but I bet you pissed off your family/whoever you live with recording those vocals
Last edited by smb at Jun 28, 2011,
This is not screaming. This is growling. Either way, it's good for the style you're going for. I don't think you should go back and forth on reverb and not having reverb, stick to one or the other, it doesn't blend well on the times that you used it. Try making a version with reverb on the entire chorus instead of just parts you feel are weak.
Quote by truiteleague
you are here since 2006 and you don't know that you are in the wrong forum?!

I just started posting around here frequently about half a year ago.

Quote by smb
They've been switched around fairly recently

chill out

Edit: I'm no expert on this kind of stuff so I won't pass comment...but I bet you pissed off your family/whoever you live with recording those vocals

Haha, I did it when I was home alone, I wouldn't want my parents to be like what the **** are you doing?

Quote by Slayton101
This is not screaming. This is growling. Either way, it's good for the style you're going for. I don't think you should go back and forth on reverb and not having reverb, stick to one or the other, it doesn't blend well on the times that you used it. Try making a version with reverb on the entire chorus instead of just parts you feel are weak.

Oh ok, I was not aware of the difference, I always just called all harsh vocals screaming :/. Thanks though I am glad you thought that it sounded good. I tried a version with all reverb and I did not like how it sounded, so I did this instead. I guess I will try to hear what it sounds like with no reverb at all, thanks for the advice