Hey guys, I recently purchased a new ESP guitar from japan. And i accidentally scratched it. Every time i look at the scratch my heart breaks and i really need to get rid of it. I have attached a picture of the scratch and i hope you guys can give me a solution to get rid of it.

Many thanks.
Attachments:
untitled.JPG
Take it to a shop. I once dropped my Tele on a concrete ground and it has a big gash on the bottow and a nick on the one part where it is cut away. I think them of as the way of the guitar. Your going to nick it off of walls and stuff like that, its like a battle wound to me. I believe it also adds character to the Tele since its an old guitar. Also, is that on the front, back, or side? Also, is it by a pick up or volume/tone nob? If so when using stuff to get rid of the scratch make sure you put tape or something like that to cover it
is that guitar poly coated or nitro? if it is nitro, you'll most likely have to sand/repaint. if it is poly coated than you might be able to fix the scratch if it didn't go all the way through the poly coat. i think there is something you can spray/rub on the scratch to fix it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
is that guitar poly coated or nitro? if it is nitro, you'll most likely have to sand/repaint. if it is poly coated than you might be able to fix the scratch if it didn't go all the way through the poly coat. i think there is something you can spray/rub on the scratch to fix it.

How do you identify it as a poly coated or nitro guitar because i'm really a newbie and have no idea what poly coated means.
Quote by Mizaki Len
How do you identify it as a poly coated or nitro guitar because i'm really a newbie and have no idea what poly coated means.

a polyurethane (poly) coat is heaver and more durable. It also tends to give the guitar a more glossy or shiny look. a nitro coat is usually found on older guitars and is thinner and more of a matte finish.

judging by the picture your provided, I would guess that it has a poly coat, but sometimes nitro coats are shiny too.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
not to be an ass, but its part of life, deal with it. if you play a guitar, you are going to dent it, scratch it, drop it a time or so (hopefully not a LP inthat case).

if you saw a pic of my 2009 Gibson Les Paul, you would think it was 10+ years old, just due to visable wear.

its practically a christening on the guitars i buy new (usually i buy used, so this doesn't happen too often).

i realize that the first scratch on a gitar is the worst, but after that it isn't that big of a deal. its use.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It killed me earlier today when my brother lifted my Agile above his head, and put a huge dent in the end of the headstock with the ceiling fan. I wanted to strangle him, because I have had that guitar for a year and a half, and brought it to school several times without so much as a noticeable scratch, and he hits it with a ceiling fan.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
How much did you pay for the guitar? Does it actually say ESP on the headstock or does it say LTD?

Yup. I just quoted myself.

Answer those questions, TS.
Actually nitro is really easy to fix scratches in. You can fill a scratch/dent with melted nitro and it will become one with the existing nitro on the guitar. You might have to fill the scratch/dent a few times as nitro shrinks quite a bit when it cools down.

I'm not saying your guitar is nitro, I have no idea what it's finished with. You should be able to look up the specific model on their website and determine what it's finished with.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
This just goes with the territory. Wear and tear is inevitable. Honestly one of the things I take into consideration when buying a new guitar is how well the finish will hold up and how well it will hide scratches and abrasions. Which is why I like white guitars so much.
There's this stuff, http://www.guitarscratchremover.com/
I've never tried it but I think there was a UGer awhile back that bought some and was impressed with it.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Look around for techs that can fix it or try visiting the site stated in previous post.

Anyway, how did you scratch it like that?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
You could do what they do with scratches on cars, take a high speed buffer, and buff the scratch till the poly coat(it's most likely poly, nobody really uses nitro on mass produced guitars anymore) melts together, but it'll thin the coat in that spot, but the scratch will be mostly gone.

Just an idea, prolly not plausible though, seeing as you would need a high speed buffer.
Quote by Deathro
Take it to a shop. I once dropped my Tele on a concrete ground and it has a big gash on the bottow and a nick on the one part where it is cut away. I think them of as the way of the guitar. Your going to nick it off of walls and stuff like that, its like a battle wound to me. I believe it also adds character to the Tele since its an old guitar. Also, is that on the front, back, or side? Also, is it by a pick up or volume/tone nob? If so when using stuff to get rid of the scratch make sure you put tape or something like that to cover it

the guitar shop here sucks......
Quote by ethan_hanus
You could do what they do with scratches on cars, take a high speed buffer, and buff the scratch till the poly coat(it's most likely poly, nobody really uses nitro on mass produced guitars anymore) melts together, but it'll thin the coat in that spot, but the scratch will be mostly gone.

Just an idea, prolly not plausible though, seeing as you would need a high speed buffer.

you mean mass production dont use nitro!!!!!...i am so dead cos mine is not a mass production........
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
How much did you pay for the guitar? Does it actually say ESP on the headstock or does it say LTD?

its an ESP....why would i buy a ltd in japan.....when there is like thousand in other place.....
Its almost definitely poly, not nitro.
Take it to a luthier/tech, they can wetsand and buff it, that will make the scratch disappear, unless its a very deep scratch.
Quote by littlephil
Take it to a luthier/tech, they can wetsand and buff it, that will make the scratch disappear, unless its a very deep scratch.

well its the first layer of transparent paint that came of the scratch......there is still another layer in it.....
Quote by littlephil

looks like he went down to primer. that would be hard to buff out. the topcoat is scratched down to the primer it is unfixable without applying a matching coat of paint to the scratch.

that is the best i can do for interent pics of a scratch.

i have painted dozens of guitars along the years, and if you think that a wetsand and buff would be in order, its easy enough to do yourself. 1200, 2000, 4000, and then a couple of sttages of rubbing compound and save yourself a few hundred.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah, if its down to the undercoat, wetsanding won't really help. I though that might have been the flash, but you're right, it does look like its gone through the colour coat.

Still, it would help cover up most of the scratch, there'll just be a lighter patch there.
Its also possible to fill poly with superglue, and you can get black superglue from StewMac, but I would really advise you not to try it yourself.
If it's through the clear coat and into the paint, then there's nothing you can really do shy of refinishing the whole thing, if you want it gone. Personally, I'd try to fill it, sand it smooth, and polish. You'll probably still be able to see it was filled if you look close, but if it's down to the paint, then it really doesn't matter, it'll be visible anyway.
I have to agree with trashedlostfdup here. Shit happens, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Just view it as "building character".

I was crushed when I dropped my M-200FM face first on my pedalboard a few years ago. Obviously that is no ESP, but it's still the same concept - you learn to get over it. It'll be okay.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
YOu should have seen the chunk missing out of my kh2 when some Asshole threw a glass beer mug at me on stage. It was about the size of a dime. I took a permanent marker to the wood so it matched and left it as is.

I don't own a single guitar that is still in perfect shape. Except the warmoth I JUST finished building earlier this week. Even my ibanez has scratches. If it doesn't get banged up, I probably wasn't playing it. I get into playing. I jump. I run. I don't sit like a goon and 'practice' all the time. Get up. Move. Jump. ****ing play like it's your last day on earth. Shit happens. A scratch on the back of your guitar doesn't exist. Go to guitar center and find a guitar without a scratch on it. Good luck.
that was kinda crap......but anyway its an artist series....so i guest i would try any thing to get clean of it..........i have A LOTS of scratch but this one STAND OUT LIKE A SLUT......