Page 1 of 2
any ideas $100 or under?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Maybe a Digitech RP series pedal? You should check em out. I prefer Boss, but they're out of your price range.
cool ill check it out man. thanks!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
DigiTech RP55
DigiTech RP50
Behringer X V-Amp
DigiTech RP70

Those would be your best bet for you price range. IMO though, I never played through a multi effects pedal that I've truly found all that good for under $100, especially a Digitech. I highly recommend spending the extra $50 ot $100 and getting a Boss or Line 6, or at least trying them out and comparing. you'll find that the difference is quite noticeable.
if you throw me $100 plus shipping i have a Zoom G2.1u, that a won a few years ago at a competition.

let me know email me if interested i will get back very fast anderson0090 at gmail dot com .

i have solid references on ebay and on here as well as HC and TGP.

just a thought.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah, wouldn't go for any $100 one. Maybe an RP355 used.

RP355 is about the minimum amount of controls to be even halfway effective. Digitech does have some advantages over Boss, like the XLR outs, so you can plug direct into a house PA system if an amp dies on you.
Quote by gquady09
Was that too hard for you?

no its just that i don't like putting my email address searchable because when you post your email address in full form spammers are more likely to get it. ever wonder where those canadian pharmacy emails end up in spam.

i would appreciate it if you could re-edit it out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I strongly suggest AGAINST getting the Digitech RP series and getting the Zoom G2 series instead. I have both pedals and the Zoom pedal outshines Digitech in most aspects. This is considering the fact that ur budget is $100 or less of course.
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
im just trying to get an idea. im getting a new guitar friday, after that id like to get either an effects pedal or a new amp with effects in at some point. just collecting ideas right now.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
im just trying to get an idea. im getting a new guitar friday, after that id like to get either an effects pedal or a new amp with effects in at some point. just collecting ideas right now.

At this pricepoint either way will be a pain and not worth it. Heck, it costs $200 just to get a halfway decent foot controller for an amp w/built in effects.
gotta start somewhere though man.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i have had the rp90 for 2 years and it has worked wonders for me. i used it for everything on my 15 watt amp. now on my randall head i still use it but only for noise gate, volume pedal, and whammy pedal
right now. i could even get a old zoom505 haha.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I highly recommend the ::: DigiTech rp series for your price range. I have the rp355 and it rocks! For $100, you should be looking at the rp90 which is around $70 and the rp155, which is around $90. The rp155 comes with a 20 second looper and a drum machine with over 60 patterns. With the rp155, you get 22 amp models from clean to mean, 9 distortion stompboxes, 13 cabinet options, and over 48 effects ranging from awesome flangers to a cool chorus and so much more.

Now, with the ::: DigiTech rp90, you get a built in expression pedal that can be used to control wah, whammy, volume, and many other parameters. There's no looper on the rp90, but there is an expression pedal. The rp90 gives you 12 amp models, 8 cabinet options, 33 different effects, and 6 distortion stompboxes.

IMO, I think the rp155 sounds a little better than the 90, but it's your choice whether you want the expression pedal on the rp90, or the looper and more amp models and effects on the rp155. There's also no USB connectivity on the rp90, so it's up to you. For your price range, nothing beats the ::: DigiTech rp series.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 29, 2011,
You should save some money and go for the Boss Multi FX units.
I heard the Boss ME 25 is quite a good deal.
Check it out.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
He said he has to start somewhere. He doesn't want to spend more than his budget.
If your price point is $100 make sure to buy used so you can get more out of your money.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Yeah, that's a good point. You can find used rp355's for $125 if you are patient enough. Unless you want to buy new just to be safe.
Quote by kutless999
He said he has to start somewhere. He doesn't want to spend more than his budget.

But if he wastes $100 on a pedal that makes him sound like garbage (which is what cheap multi-fx pedals do. All cheap multi-fx pedals) He's $100 in the hole.

Gather round kids, story time. I've jammed with this guy, 45 years old, been playing guitar for decades. His wife got him a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul for his birthday about a year ago. He played THAT incredible guitar through a cheap Crate SS amp and a cheap Digitech multi-fx (not even the cheapest, it was one of of the ones that had like 90 available slots for saving your settings and everything.) And you know what it sounded like? Pure and utter garbage. It sounded NOTHING like a Les Paul. After he was gone we all conferred and agreed that it was garbage. The moral of the story kids, is don't waste money on crappy pedals that make your tone worse, not better.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

You posted that in the electric guitar thread too.
Quote by kutless999
You posted that in the electric guitar thread too.

Even more relevant here than it was there.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

He doesn't have $1000's of dollars to spend on guitar gear. You don't need a fancy guitar or amp to get a tone you like. I like the tone I get from my rp355 and my Squier Afinnity strat
Quote by VanTheKraut
He played THAT incredible guitar through a cheap Crate SS amp and a cheap Digitech multi-fx (not even the cheapest, it was one of of the ones that had like 90 available slots for saving your settings and everything.) And you know what it sounded like? Pure and utter garbage. It sounded NOTHING like a Les Paul. After he was gone we all conferred and agreed that it was garbage. The moral of the story kids, is don't waste money on crappy pedals that make your tone worse, not better.
The moral of this story is take what you hear with a grain of salt. Just because some guy can't get decent tone with his Digitech pedal it doesn't automatically mean the pedal is bad. You guys agreed the pedal was bad, but I think that you just didn't know what you were doing.
Quote by fly135
The moral of this story is take what you hear with a grain of salt. Just because some guy can't get decent tone with his Digitech pedal it doesn't automatically mean the pedal is bad. You guys agreed the pedal was bad, but I think that you just didn't know what you were doing.

I totally agree with fly. It just didnt sound good to you because you have to tweak the presets and spend some more time playing around with it. Which one was it anyway?
Dont listen to guitarpatrick66. You will get a lot more different sounds from a mfx unit and you will also have more variety than just getting a plain amp.
deltalab has a multi-fx unit for $100 that isn't bad for what it is. don't expect fantastic sound or fx but it is useable and a reasonable deal for the price. not really a multifx fan unless you go high end myself.
Quote by fly135

It wasn't our pedal, it was his. And since he's been playing longer than I've been breathing, I kinda figure he knows how to EQ. This guy's been playing guitar for more than 30 years so I'll fault the shitty Digitech before I fault him.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 29, 2011,
Maybe he doesnt know how to eq. Do you know what unit it is?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by VanTheKraut
It wasn't our pedal, it was his. And since he's been playing longer than I've been breathing, I kinda figure he knows how to EQ. This guy's been playing guitar for more than 30 years so I'll fault the shitty Digitech before I fault him.
It isn't your bud posting. I don't fault him, I fault you and your advice

You have no clue what kind of Digitech pedal it was. All you know about it is that it has 90 presets. Therefore you figure you can advise everyone that a cheap pedal must sound bad.

Edit: I just saw your post in the other thread about this friend who's knowledge you value and you claim that he has sh**ty tone with his rig. If the guy has crappy tone why you would value his ability to "EQ" or set up his gear?
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
Dont listen to guitarpatrick66. You will get a lot more different sounds from a mfx unit and you will also have more variety than just getting a plain amp.

Your an idiot. There are plenty of moddler amps that can offer much better sounds and a wide variety of sounds.

Something like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-mustang-i-20w-1x8-guitar-combo-amp/h61791000001000

this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-vypyr-15-15w-1x8-guitar-combo-amp

those both beat the crap out of any pedal in that price range.
Yeah, but you still get way more effects and stompboxes than with a modeling amp. Plus he doesn't need another amp.
Quote by kutless999
Yeah, but you still get way more effects and stompboxes than with a modeling amp. Plus he doesn't need another amp.

I just read his sig and saw he already has an amp. My bad.

In that case he really should save and get something that sounds much better. Within a few months he will just want an upgrade. What he needs is a new amp. Which is why he should be answering the questions on the link i posted. So we can reccommend something worth spenidng money on.
Sorry I was being mean to you. You are right, he should get a new amp. For the mfx pedal, he should get the rp355 used for around $125. It's a lot better than the rp90 and 155.
Quote by kutless999
Sorry I was being mean to you. You are right, he should get a new amp. For the mfx pedal, he should get the rp355 used for around $125. It's a lot better than the rp90 and 155.

Its cool man. I was a jerk also. Ive never been a huge fan of the rp series, but thats just me. But I will admit to not giving the more expensive versions a very big shot. Ill mess around with some next time i visit a guitar center.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
Its cool man. I was a jerk also. Ive never been a huge fan of the rp series, but thats just me. But I will admit to not giving the more expensive versions a very big shot. Ill mess around with some next time i visit a guitar center.

Ok, sounds good. He could also look at the Vox tonelab ST, the Zoom g21nu, the pod 2.0, and maybe the zoom g3. I think he should save his money and get a nice unit instead of getting a cheaper one. It will be so much more worth it in the long run. He could also sell it for a good price when he's done with it.
i've been eyeing the peavy vypyr series for a while. im just a beginner too man. i just want some effects to work on solos i like just for fun. im not gonna be gigging any time soon. i did just get an upgrade on guitar. i got the Jackson JS32T Kelly. now of course my amp is next. do I need it? NO. but ive been working my ass off doing overtime i wanted to treat myself to something nice. thanks for the imput guys.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
i've been eyeing the peavy vypyr series for a while. im just a beginner too man. i just want some effects to work on solos i like just for fun. im not gonna be gigging any time soon. i did just get an upgrade on guitar. i got the Jackson JS32T Kelly. now of course my amp is next. do I need it? NO. but ive been working my ass off doing overtime i wanted to treat myself to something nice. thanks for the imput guys.

I see. You honestly dont need many effects for solos really. Good technique and practice without effects will actually be the best thing for you at this point. But if all you want is effects maybe look into some individual effect pedals or maybe the line 6 m series. But a good amp will do wonders, even more so than a new guitar.
Page 1 of 2