i know the difference between the two, but which one is more useful? by useful i mean tonewise, like, is having your sound boosted and "squished" better than having an extensive EQ? or vice versa? im a noob with these pedals as ive never had one
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Quote by Dr.Tong
i know the difference between the two, but which one is more useful? by useful i mean tonewise, like, is having your sound boosted and "squished" better than having an extensive EQ? or vice versa? im a noob with these pedals as ive never had one

I'd think that the EQ gives you more possibilities. A compressor will work with the tone you've already got. The EQ will help you shape that tone into something else. I'm not an expert by any means, but it just kinda seems like common sense to me.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
id personally rather have an eq to a compressor
with an eq you can fine tune your tone more
i dont really find a need for a compressor i like my dinamics to be as dinamic as possible
They're both important, in my opinion. I wouldn't necessarily put one above the other. Each can be used equally to shape your tone.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
I always use my eq. I never use compression.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"