Actually, I am kind of embarrassed as I have been playing 4 for years and I can't seem to get this down. I have never had a problem tremolo picking before until recently when I started playing songs by The Absence, Dark Tranquillity, and At The Gates. I am stuck specifically on The New Build by Dark Tranquillity and Slaughter of The Soul by At The Gates with these songs going easily over 210 bpm. I had maxed at 200 bpm while practicing them and just couldn't go faster without nearly fainting so I started looking up tutorials and tips on how to tremolo pick faster and so far I've learned that the picking should be done with your wrist and not your arm. (Yes I've been tremolo picking with my arm for 4 years hahaha)

So I started picking with my wrist and I have gotten faster and more accurate but it seems that I'm still having trouble getting up to speed. Any suggestions? Mostly what I'm really wrecking on are the gallops and my hand gets tired quite quickly.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
just more practice is all you can do really. maybe check out you picking technique and stuff see if you can improve there.
Minimize pick movement. It shouldn't get much higher or lower than the string you're picking. Focus on accuracy and small movements, not maniacally abusing the string. Keep your hand calm. Also, try not to get the pick too much "inside" the string . In other words, hold it so that only the tip is visible. And then, instead of hitting the string, try more like nudging it...
Don´t think of it such as speed. Focus on staying relaxed ( as less tense as possible ), accurete and doing it proberly, speed is a by product that will come with time. Focus on these 3 things and alot of practice at it and you will be doing that in notime.
Thanks guys. I'll try improving on these things. Will the stamina come naturally too? I mean these songs are fast and not exactly short. Would you guys recommend I use dumbbells or other exercise equipment to strengthen my arms in any way?
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Quote by xlRainlx
Thanks guys. I'll try improving on these things. Will the stamina come naturally too? I mean these songs are fast and not exactly short. Would you guys recommend I use dumbbells or other exercise equipment to strengthen my arms in any way?

Nope. If you keep going at it, you're working the exact same muscles required. Just keep practicing.
Ah, very well then. Thanks for the tips guys! Time to practice like breathing.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<