I just left my guitar in front of my heater.
Like the knob I am.

I just tried playing it, it was hot to touch and making no sound at all. Now it is making some sound but weird and dropping out.

Is this going to wear off as it cools down or am I in the flowing river of shit?
Call me Skeletor
Quote by Dirge Humani
Put it in the freezer, obviously. Counteract all the hot.

+1

It depends how hot it is though, just putting it in the fridge would be sufficient for a minor elevation in guitar temperature, but if it's as hot as you say, you definitely need to use the freezer.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
+1

It depends how hot it is though, just putting it in the fridge would be sufficient for a minor elevation in guitar temperature, but if it's as hot as you say, you definitely need to use the freezer.

Excuse me being a n00b but, are you serious?

Apparently I woke up and crawled out the bottom of my bed this morning.
Not even a goddamn side of the bed.
Call me Skeletor
these people are trolls. let it cool at room temperature.

there is a chance that you killed all the electronics in your guitar. this would require dropping some cash on new pickups. this could range anywhere from 60 bucks (Guitarfetish pickups) to 160 bucks (seymore duncan, dimarzio etc.)

the real question will be whether or not you screwed up the neck.
*all prices american.
no sir away a papaya war is on

If you guitar looks like this, then your screwed
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Dirge Humani
I really doubt a heater would have gotten hot enough to fry the electronics without leaving some sort of burn mark on the wood.

it could have easily melted the plastic in the pickups. it happened to a friend of mine actually. melted his pickgaurd and pickups but left the wood burn free.
Quote by the_perdestrian
it could have easily melted the plastic in the pickups. it happened to a friend of mine actually. melted his pickgaurd and pickups but left the wood burn free.

Oh, right.

TS check if your pickups look all melty.
Quote by sam b
Use it as firewood. That's all you can do, I'm afraid

no. as long as the wood is fine it just needs new electronics.
Quote by faithsomemore
I just left my guitar in front of my heater.
Like the knob I am.

I just tried playing it, it was hot to touch and making no sound at all. Now it is making some sound but weird and dropping out.

Is this going to wear off as it cools down or am I in the flowing river of shit?

In all seriousness I doubt anything like that is going to wear off. Electronics either function or they don't. Don't leave your guitar in front of a heat source, man!
Visually everything is fine.
But the sound is like...
When you play with your guitar volume nearly all the way down, but through a really loud amp.
Kinda only picking up the harder strums.
And that kinda underwatery sound you get in really bad home recording.
I don't know if any of that made sense.
Call me Skeletor
that sounds bad. loss of volume and treble response.

it might just be a capacitor actually now that I think about it. might hve a tech look at it ( as i assume you aren't too savy with guitar repair) or take this as a chance to re wire your guitar and learn a valuable skill. I also think your pickups could be fine.

im gonna go to bed but Ill stiky this thread.
Quote by the_perdestrian
that sounds bad. loss of volume and treble response.

it might just be a capacitor actually now that I think about it. might hve a tech look at it ( as i assume you aren't too savy with guitar repair) or take this as a chance to re wire your guitar and learn a valuable skill. I also think your pickups could be fine.

im gonna go to bed but Ill stiky this thread.

Sadly the nearest place I could do that is a few hours drive away.
I guess I'll have to.
My dad is an electrician, maybe I'll let him take a look first, just in case he can spot the problem.
Call me Skeletor
Quote by LostLegion
Why was your heat on in Summer?

I can't believe most of us missed this fact.........well spotted
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽