Page 1 of 2
Early one morning, while asleep and well within the clutches of the worst influenza I'd ever had in my life, I awoke suddenly and in immense pain after being struck violently in the face. The blow rattled my brain and shocked my senses.

I sat bolt upright, heart racing, fists clenched and scanned my room, dimly lit from the-not quite-rising sun. There was nobody. No sign of a culprit or an explanation for the pain.

I quickly realised that the pain was also gone. I clutched my face, searching for signs of damage. There was nothing.

After much deliberation I had decided that it had originated from inside my own head. It was as if my brain had tried to force its way out of my skull, but not through one of it's several openings.

I still don't know what the **** happened, but I'm certain that I only felt pain inside my head, a not in and localised place. I couldn't possibly have been from blunt force, as there was nothing to cause it, and no residual pain. It was temporary only. Less than temporary. Momentary.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Anything at all?
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jun 29, 2011,
Cool story bro, and yes i have also experienced something similar except in my dream im stabbing myself again exactly where i did it in reality.
My brain wants me to self harm

my feelings right now
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Vendetta V
all you need is a new amp

I reckon he needs a new lamp, one nearby.
Someone must have been there
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
I reckon he needs a new lamp, one nearby.
Someone must have been there

THE RAKE!!!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Maybe you hit your head on your bed/nightstand/wall/cat
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Oh that happens me sometimes, although it feels more like a football has just been smashed into my face.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Maybe you were dreaming and you never actually had any pain or hit, just a sensation from the dream, which woke you up to the illusion of getting struck
Quote by cam_sampbell
Oh that happens me sometimes, although it feels more like a football has just been smashed into my face.

That's probably not a bad description.

Quote by Kensai
Maybe you hit your head on your bed/nightstand/wall/cat

There would have been some actual, prolonged pain then. This was momentary, and more than likely totally metal. Very real nonetheless.
Quote by sam b
Maybe you were dreaming and you never actually had any pain or hit, just a sensation from the dream, which woke you up to the illusion of getting struck

I have considered it. The only sensations I've ever had from dreams to come into the concious world are the need to piss and the hypnic jerk; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

I've also considered http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome but it's not associated at all with pain.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jun 29, 2011,
Maybe you have tried too much cowbell
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted

That is all.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Probably just dreampt the punch and woke up straight after. You know how you sometimes feel you're floating then fall into bed, like that.

Or a ghost did it.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I experienced something quite similar today (or at least I think) I was just dreaming, minding my own business when all of a sudden I start to hear this guitar playing. At first I thought that it sounded kinda sweet but all of a sudden it changed. It started to sound malevolent, and I don't even know why. Just sounded like someone was playing the same note over and over again with strong wah. All of a sudden my body starts shaking and it starts to hurt all around. Then I realize I'm in a dream and try to force myself to wake up. After a couple of seconds I woke up covered in sweat and even though I felt fine I could still remember the pain
Last edited by HaistaPaska92 at Jun 29, 2011,
Maybe you hit yourself. Or, got hit in the dream. Do you remember what the dream was??
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
Sounds very similar to a dream I had where someone came up and stabbed me in the stomach, after which I immediately woke up with a sharp pain - in my stomach.

The brain does weird things...
The Only Logical Explination for this is that you got slammed in your face and you are still unconscious right now, We are all a dream. Welcome to the Matrix Neo, The red pill or the blue pill? The Choice is yours.
"The Demon Code prevents me from Declining a rock-off Challenge"

-Satan.
Probably the latter. I'm pretty sure the brain doesn't go into a state where NOTHING BUT DARKNESS occurs... At least on its own. I usually only remember the last one before I wake up. Dreams don't last long... You have many within those hours of sleep.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Quote by Butt Rayge
I wasn't dreaming, or if I was I forgot about it due to the shock.

You have lots of dreams every night.

One time on the countryside with friends I drank quite a lot and there were a shitload of mosquitoes that kept bugging me all day. Anyway, when time came to nap nap, I would dream that some shit was flying at me, and at the dream I'd try to punch it away, and that's how I woke up all the times - punching into the air, sometimes even trying to kick away the dream "bugs", hence kicking into the air. My friends sleeping besides me thought I drank too much.

Point being - dreams are weird stuff, and they effect in weird ways. Maybe you punched yourself in the face.

Sometimes at night when I'm barely awake, one the edge of sleeping, basically already dreaming, I start to hear my heart beating, and when I really focus on it, it continuously keeps slowing down and then when there's no beat I sort of "wake up" really really scared.
Last edited by Shinami at Jun 29, 2011,
Ok, i have a better explanation: There was this piece of your ceiling who fell down on your head and when it hitted your face it bounced back up perfectly back in its shape.
Seriously, it is normal to feel sensations like pain and stuff in your dreams who will wake you up again. You dream about a painfull moment and you can imagine it happening and you actually remember/feel it, your body thinks this sensation is real and your brain registrates/feels/"makes you feel" this and you wake up because you would normally wake up when someone hits you in your face while sleeping. Or you could fall back on my older comment. Like i said, Welcome to the Matrix.
"The Demon Code prevents me from Declining a rock-off Challenge"

-Satan.
My guess is Exploding Head Syndrome.

No, I'm not trolling, that really is a medical term, and no, it doesn't involve any actual exploding of the head.

EDIT:
Ninja'd, apparently...
Last edited by madbasslover at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by madbasslover
My guess is Exploding Head Syndrome.

No, I'm not trolling, that really is a medical term, and no, it doesn't involve any actual exploding of the head.

He talked about this.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Quote by drawnacrol
Icepick headache?

Just looked it up, skimmed over. I don't think this is it, but I'm not ruling it out. It says they last between 5 and 30 seconds and mine wasn't even close to 5.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
Hear a loud noise when it happened by any chance?

Yes. I thought it was caused by the blow to my head, (which didn't happen.) I can't describe the sound, but it was definitely loud. You could probably equate it to what you hear when you're hit really hard in the head with something solid, or a really fast flying football/basketball.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Ghosts

+1

You be haunted dude. Write a couple of songs of it, shit blood and vomit while you're puking ectoplasm, make someone take a photo of you doing it, and you have yourself the most metal album cover of all times. Which you'll need, 'cuz metal songs about ghosts skull****ing you just 'aint that cool. You'll need a badass cover for people to buy that album...

EDIT: Jokes aside, I have no idea what it could be... Maybe something you dreamt and then forgot about because of the shock? Sounds like it was pretty violent whatever it was.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Last edited by Kalo Hanaka at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by juckfush
You're a not a friend of Grimriffer by any chance, are you?

HAHA.

Check your shower. Is there pee in it?
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Quote by Butt Rayge
Yes. I thought it was caused by the blow to my head, (which didn't happen.) I can't describe the sound, but it was definitely loud. You could probably equate it to what you hear when you're hit really hard in the head with something solid, or a really fast flying football/basketball.

might be exploding head syndrome...
happens when you wake up from a lucid dream sometimes, which explain why you got it when waking up. If it is this, then it's not much to worry about.
If you do want to know more about it though I suggest you check out google or ask one of the people on here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434042
They seem to know their stuff.

edit: Just read up and have seen that you've looked at it... I haven't read your link but most of the people that have said they have gotten this have experienced pain...

Either way, I'd start writing your will

double edit: read the link,
Quote by wikipedia
While the sound is perceived as extremely loud, it is usually not accompanied by pain.

usually not.
Last edited by Knucklehead Dyl at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
usually not.

Must have missed that.

That doesn't mean it is EHS though. It's one of my more likely explanations though.
Page 1 of 2