Guys, I am planning on buying a cheap guitar (under $250 dollars preferably), Then I would replace the pickups with EMG's or Duncans. :P

Basically it should have.......
- 24 frets
- Not Floyd Rose or Floating Tremolo
- Thin Neck
- I dont know much about scale length, but it should have the scale length of a Jackson RR 3? Sorry. :S
- Preferably under $250-300

^^ Jackson or Ibanez guitars are preferred.

Thanks,
I dont know if this helps but I prefer buying a used guitar (make sure its not too used haha) because what you can get for 250-300 used is usually better than what you can get for 250-300 new. Thats just my preference for buying guitars but if you want a new one go for it. As for what guitar i'm not sure, sorry, I dont know much about Jacksons, Ibanez, or Hammers etc.
Why putting expensive EMGs in a cheap wood?

Anyway...try the guitars. It doesn't matter what guitars the people here are preferring...it'll be YOUR guitar. Try it, buy it.
Quote by tappooh
an ibanez rg 321 should be what you are looking for

Just checked out a couple of it's reviews and videos. Looks and sounds pretty cool. I'll definately consider this.
Thanks man.

Anymore suggestions?
Ibanez RG321MH is indeed a very nice guitar for it's price. But if you are willing to flare away from the superstrat style of ibanez and jackson then why not take a look at Agile AL-2000 or Valkyrie with slim neck profile option. They're also outright great.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Ibanez RG321MH is indeed a very nice guitar for it's price. But if you are willing to flare away from the superstrat style of ibanez and jackson then why not take a look at Agile AL-2000 or Valkyrie with slim neck profile option. They're also outright great.

Oh not the RG321MH, I like the RG321.
The Agile Al-2000 and the Valkyrie doesn't seem to be my thing, I don't really like the body or headstock shape. But thanks for the suggestion though. Much Appreciated.

Quote by Woffelz
Ibanez RG321MH [mahogany]
Ibanez RG2EX1

The Ibanez RG2EX1 looks bad a$$!! Definitely going on my list.
Thanks.
Quote by MaddMann274
Oh not the RG321MH, I like the RG321.

rg321=rg321mh absolutely no difference. its a very good guitar
Quote by bustapr
rg321=rg321mh absolutely no difference. its a very good guitar

If there is no difference why is it a different model?
I think the difference is the wood its made from. RG321 from Basswood and RG321MH from Mahogany. If I remember correctly.
I guess I'd have to go for a RG321MH because I cannot find a RG321 on Ebay or Amazon.
Grab a cheap Jackson man!!
Or an ESP/LTD!!!
LTD guitars always seem to have the most bang for the buck imo
But at heart I'm a Jackson kinda guy.
Ibanez RG321MH

- Wizard III neck.
- Gibralter Standard bridge
- Mahogany body

or

Ibanez RGR321EX
- Same as above, but with different pickups [same pickups series though], a basswood body and a reversed headstock.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by tappooh
an ibanez rg 321 should be what you are looking for

+1

one if not the best bang for the buck on a starter axe....
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier