Pit! I thought about this while looking at my bank statement the other day. I've cut down on my spending a lot by budgeting and just plain self-control. So I thought to myself "why stop there? Why not think of other ways to save?"

So What Smart financial decisions have you made recently?(within a window of six months). Did you pass on eating at a restaurant for a home cooked meal? Ride a bike to work instead of driving? Pay that hooker in monopoly money instead of real cash?

So, Tell what you've done to save money recently and provide useful tips for others to do the same.

Saving up for a schecter damien 006 in october
I became a social recluse after college. No smoking, no drinking, no pot, no stupid amounts of food I don't need, relying on cheap ebay items rather than new stuff from shops, not having to go out to places with people etc etc.
I'm still poor.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I became a social recluse after college. No smoking, no drinking, no pot, no stupid amounts of food I don't need, relying on cheap ebay items rather than new stuff from shops, not having to go out to places with people etc etc.
I'm still poor.

What's the point in that though?

And just budget yourself on meals, like for example, only give yourself £3 to get some dinner, and you probably can if you force yourself.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Buying things you know will be worth more in the future and live within your budget.

I had no intention of going to the T In The Park festival this year, I bought 4 tickets at £200 each. I have sold all four for £250.

PSN ID: ArranP
Convert to Judaism.
"-How do you feel about libraries?"
"-I hate them."
"-Well, not anymore!"
*Cue commercial tune*
Track Library! - A library, for tracks. Ain't that somethin'?
I work part time and have bills to pay. If I didn't live with the rents I would be in debt. Now I get to float at 0 dollars on a daily basis.

In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
To save money when going out have a pre drink before you head off you can easily get smashed on less than £5 so you can gauge on how drunk you want to be when you head off
for food you could stick to value only products like tesco ready meals there was a deal 5 for £5
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
My wife and I have started cooking our meals on the weekends instead of eating out. Costs a little more at the grocery store but a lot less overall. We're saving up for a down payment on the house we just signed off to build and we've got about $6750 of the $10000 we wanted to put down already set and a little under 4 months to go. We're trying to put $1000-1500 aside every month.

We're also limiting purchases of "unneeded" items. We used to just go buy whatever cd we wanted whenever it came out, but now we're just getting the ones we really want and only if they're on sale.

I also convinced her to let me join Gamefly since it's cheaper to pay $17 a month than buy games at $60 a piece, so I can start playing all the older ones I never got to and by the time I'm through with them, the new ones that are coming out should be available, so win/win for me there.
Quote by Vikingx
I started rolling my own cigarettes. Went from $55 to $10 a week.

This sounds ingenious. Too bad I don't smoke cigs.

I recently started bringing my own lunch from home to eat at work. I've been saving TONS.
A smart financial decision is a decision that gives you the opportunity to maximize your current utility and your utility in the future. So saving money is not a good idea if your discount rate is high. Which mine is.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I opened a savings account a few months ago and now I'm loaded. I find that if its in my current account it'll probably be spent by the end of the month
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by apmaman

I had no intention of going to the T In The Park festival this year, I bought 4 tickets at £200 each. I have sold all four for £250.

Not cool
Last.fm

"Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time."

Last edited by UncleRemus at Jun 29, 2011,
I bought Versace Eau Fraiche and an YSL La Male Fleur as my main summer fragrances instead of Millesime Imperial and Virgin Island Water.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS