So I've been thinking about putting EMG pickups in my Jackson JS32T (Probably 60 and 85) I am not entirely sure if it is worth putting in the guitar I have. It is an awesome guitar as it is (Action, Intonation etc.) but the tone lacks. Is it worth forking over the $200 bucks for a $300 dollar guitar?

Thanks,

wakko444
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
I would say if you like the guitar (some of my favorite guitars are my cheap guitars) and you want to keep it, it is worth the upgrade, but if you just want to eventually save to buy a better guitar it may not be worth the upgrade of the pickups.
But couldn't i Just rip out the EMG's and put them in the better guitar? I hear they are ALOT easier to install ever since they got that solderless system deal.
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
Yes the EMGs could quite easily be used again.

Dont buy the EMGs new get them off ebay, could get a set for under $100 easy.

If you are going to be using that guitar for a while I dont see a problem with changing the pups.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455803

I just did that to my JS30RR and it actually sounds pretty good. The EMG's take over a lot of the tone of the guitar, making it sound pretty good if you have a nice enough amp.
Quote by Absent Mind
Yes the EMGs could quite easily be used again.

Dont buy the EMGs new get them off ebay, could get a set for under $100 easy.

If you are going to be using that guitar for a while I dont see a problem with changing the pups.

****ing love me some second hand EMGs.
By the way, I heard the new solderless system is a pain in the ass to solder into the guitar...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
you cant just swap them into another guitar. the other guitar has to have all the proper witing soldered for EMG's. the soderless thing is just refering between the connection between the electrical wiring and the pickup
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Shinozoku
By the way, I heard the new solderless system is a pain in the ass to solder into the guitar...

Isn't that why its....solderless? O_o

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by EspTro
you cant just swap them into another guitar. the other guitar has to have all the proper witing soldered for EMG's. the soderless thing is just refering between the connection between the electrical wiring and the pickup

No, they've had that for like almost 15 years or more now. They have this hole newfangled thing that goes in your guitar with the pots and all that's "solderless". But I've heard it's a bigger pain in the ass than it's worth.

Just another attempt at making people lazy xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
+1 for used emgs.

I've got an emg 81x 85x set in my ltd f250 and love the sound. It took some getting used to coming from high output passive pickups, but I would never go back to passives in it. The solderless system is probably just as easy to transfer over to a new guitar IMO. Its just plugging things really. (I DID have to solder the pickup selector. But that's it)
*insert witty statement here*