Page 1 of 2
From what I've been reading around (did a google search, its been reported on lots'a sites,) John Lennon was a "Reagan supporting closet republican." Says that he "felt a little embarrassed at his former radicalism at the time of his death." Kinda interesting news article. Thought the Pit might be interested.

They be trollin'? If its true, I would've never thunk it

Link be here; Link
Cool.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
There's way too many hypotheticals here. I mean he wasn't American, who gives a shit how he may or may not have voted in a foreign election had he been able to?
What? John Lennon had political views? You filthy lying bastard, take your filthy lies somewhere else you bastard who tells filthy lies!

Seriously - I don't see what the big deal is here.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
In before...actually does anyone care about Lennon? Can't say I give a damn
Music must be honest to be timeless.
Quote by sglover34479
He's dead. Even if he had bad ideals, and I don't know or care if he did, they won't be affecting any of us.

If I die and people wonder about what I thought about this or that they need a good slap.

Jesus is dead. I assure you that his ideals still effect us today.
Quote by sglover34479
If I die and people wonder about what I thought about this or that they need a good slap.
That's probably because you're nobody.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Jesus is dead. I assure you that his ideals still effect us today.

Not those of us that matter.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Eric_Fail
Not those of us that matter.

I bet a woman taught you grammar and that's why you want to hit them, right?
Good for him. I can't see why anyone would ever support a liberal, left-winger democrat.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Don't be silly, it was a pizza delivery guy with a bike.

please. If you guys knew how traumatizing it was to save a puppy from falling in a frozen lake, you'd understand his retarded sayings. Lay off, assholes.
It's not that surprising considering how against paying taxes he was and the fact that he had an apartment dedicated to storing his fur coats. Imagine no possessions my left foot.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Don't really care.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I would so rage right now, there is zero, I mean ZERO chance in hell someone who's a Republican has an IQ, NONE!
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I would so rage right now, there is zero, I mean ZERO chance in hell someone who's a Republican has an IQ, NONE!

And even less of a chance for a Democrat.

I don't like Lennon or Reagan.
sunbather is shit
Guess that's what happens when you turn 40 To be fair, he liked Reagan because he disliked Carter, and no one can really say they liked Carter back then.

the star was a Ronald Reagan fan who enjoyed arguing with left-wing radicals who reminded him of his former self.

some really brutal arguments with my uncle, who's an old-time communist ... He enjoyed really provoking my uncle ... Maybe he was being provocative ... but it was pretty obvious to me he had moved away from his earlier radicalism.

Only countenances my believe that Lennon was the prototypical hipster.
Last edited by thewho65 at Jun 29, 2011,
It's easy to say things about somebody who's dead, because they can't set the record straight. Seems like an attention-seeking statement.

If it was Yoko saying it, then maybe I'd believe it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by thewho65
Guess that's what happens when you turn 40

Last edited by blackflag49 at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yes, just like Charles Darwin recanted his theory of evolution on his death bed.

This one's really not too farfetched, though. I'm not saying it's true, but it's a definitely a possibility. There are a lot of closet republicans in music and hollywood scenes because of stark stigma against them in those communities. Apparently actors can get blacklisted if they're too outspoken about right wing ideals.
Quote by thewho65

Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by blake1221
This one's really not too farfetched, though. I'm not saying it's true, but it's a definitely a possibility. There are a lot of closet republicans in music and hollywood scenes because of stark stigma against them in those communities. Apparently actors can get blacklisted if they're too outspoken about right wing ideals.

The point is:

Quote by element4433
It's easy to say things about somebody who's dead, because they can't set the record straight.

Though element later changed his opinion as he lay in a hospital bed dying from chronic emphysema, his point was still valid at the time he made it.
Quote by RU Experienced?
The point is:

Though element later changed his opinion as he lay in a hospital bed dying from chronic emphysema, his point was still valid at the time he made it.

The World may never know.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It's not that surprising considering how against paying taxes he was and the fact that he had an apartment dedicated to storing his fur coats. Imagine no possessions my left foot.

Yeah I used to think John Lennon was pretty cool dude. But after learning about how of a hypocrite he was I'm glad that guy shot him.
Quote by WaterGod
Yeah I used to think John Lennon was pretty cool dude. But after learning about how of a hypocrite he was I'm glad that guy shot him.

+1

Fucking phony, he deserved to be shot. Oh wait, nobody deserves that.
Quote by RU Experienced?
+1

Fucking phony, he deserved to be shot. Oh wait, nobody deserves that.

Quote by WaterGod

You're glad someone died because you think they're hypocrites?
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Quote by blake1221
Dude, it was America's fault for what he did.

You don't really mean that, Blake. You're a phony.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 2