If your parents weren't your parents and you were there age, are they the type of people you would be friends with?

I would say no. Not in a million years.
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

I don't know I barely know my dad...my mum is nice, I suppose we would get on

what an odd question
I might be friends with my dad, but definitely not my mom. We don't have anything in common.
cat
Probably. I think I would get along with them just fine. It's not that they are so very much like me, though.
actually....definately
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Yeah, my Dad and Uncle would have been a right laugh to have been mates with.

I doubt I would be mates with my mum though, she sounded like a bit of a geek.

INB4 Back To The Future.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I want to be more than friends with my mom.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I want to be more than friends with my mom.

i hear that!
Probably not, seeing as we have so little in common, its a running joke in my family to call me adopted.
My mom is pretty awesome, my dad is a dick though.

EDIT:
Quote by User_Name336
in a heartbeat. we get along incredibly well. i'm 20 and i still go out with my parents to movies or the mall and stuff like that by choice. they're awesome. my friends all say they want my parents too, so...

This pretty much explains my whole situation. Except I'm 17 and I'm pretty sure that I'll only be speaking to one parent when I come of age.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jun 29, 2011,
From what my uncle tells me I would have got on with my Da before my mother showed up. It's kind of ruined the entire family dynamic but despite her nature and his weak ass personality, I'd like to get on with both of them
Grammar Nazi.
**** no.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Me? hanging out with those nerds?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I get drunker more often with my dad (who also occasionally supplies top notch mj), than with anyone else in my hometown. So, I would say I already am friends with him. My mum's cool too, but pretty responsible compared to my dad or I.
i'd probably be good friends with my dad as i'm told but lots of people whho know both of us that i look like him and even sound like him, we also have a lot of the same likes and views and often stay up talking about all kinds of stuff, my mum on the other hand, we'd never ever get on as we have very little in common though we get on fairley well in the mother-son dynamic.
I am not going to lie, I'm not even joking around, but I seriously read the thread title as "Would you be friends with your penis?"
This will start a RIOT! in me
With my dad, I'd be friendly as in have a conversation every now and again if waiting outside a lesson or on the same table at lunch but not really be friends with, more of an acquaintance, someone I know and get on with, as such. My mum I'd probably get annoyed at loads and wouldn't get on with at all, so I'd probably end up ignoring her and not speak to her.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Neither.

*Hard right
*CHristian believes influence EVERYTHING they do.
*also the personalities arent those of people i do/would ahng out with.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.