hey guys

I have just this instant started using garageband and I am at a loss, I am trying to record my electric acoustic. I'm running it through an m-audio interface but garageband isnt picking anything up. The recording level slider is grayed out and wont change even when i change the input source.

Can someone please help?

cheers.
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Try running it through an amp. I had a similar problem, but it was solved by running the guitar through a Roland cube.
Plug an amp into the Line-in port of the Mac. Then go to System Preferences --->Sound--->Input, then change the 'Use audio port for' option to 'Sound Input'. Then it should register in GarageBand.
I'm afraid i dont have an amp with me, i have changed the input settings in preferences but still no joy
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Hey, ive used GB before, and found rhat audacity was much better, with an easier user interface. Check out my MP3s to see what kind of qaulity you can get in a basement from Audacity and see if that helps. Sorry im no good at GB though =/
You can't just plug a guitar into a computer and record. All the computer sees it as is wood and magnets. it will read an amp as more of a microphone. you need to get and amp to run the guitar through, or get a powered microphone to record.