Well, I'm a mid level player from Costa Rica (all guitars here are double priced as in US by shipping costs and specially stupidly high taxes) then I'm looking for a versatile axe, with a comfortable fast neck and good tone, tho I'll be expecting to change tuners and pickups to get an even more solid guitar. I play everything with my friends ranging from kinda jazz to hard rock, but not metal.

The link for each of these: (note: I prefer the red finish of both guitars)

Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400

Schecter Omen 6 Extreme

Thanks for your help!!

I emphasize in the neck specs, action, playability, prefer slimmer neck, since the only unchangeable thing is the neck!!
I have a G-400 and it is a really good guitar the tuners are fine no need to change them the only real down side is the p/u's are muddy. So I put a Duncan SH-4 in the bridge and now it kills most $600 guitars in sound and playability.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by CrazyPigeon
My vote goes to the Epiphone, Schecters look really tacky in my opinion.

on the complete opposite note, I think most epiphones look incredibly tacky for what they are, gibons too but thats irrelevant.

Schecters are more metal orientated. so that makes it a little difficult. though I had a G-400 and sold it for a blackjack because the neck was so damn uncomfortable.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle

Schecters are more metal orientated. so that makes it a little difficult. though I had a G-400 and sold it for a blackjack because the neck was so damn uncomfortable.

thats true. And i like the necks on g-400 but i wish they were slimmer
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
This 1966 Epi has the slim-taper 60's neck profile...It's diff from other G400...doesnt know it helps!
Quote by andyalizaga
This 1966 Epi has the slim-taper 60's neck profile...It's diff from other G400...doesnt know it helps!

Mine was a 66 reissue in cherry red with tiger grain, I still felt the neck was huge. =/
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!