its probably not an addiction yet, but in the last year and a half ive bought 3 guitars, and am fighting myself right now to get a new tele. I see myself also buying a les paul in the next few months, and as everyone knows guitar addictions aint cheap. I need to fight against the urge to buy a sweet cheap agile spalt maple tele that just shaking her ass at my face. and new college semester is starting next month, which is why i need all the money i can save. But that tele is sooooo beauti... gaaaaaaa

has anybody here ever beaten the addiction? Ive already went to rondomusic and taken that thing to the checkout only to cancel the order like 3 times.
Well I haven't fought it... I buy 2 or 3 guitars per year, a few amps as well, and have done so ever since I started playing. I never sold any of these, either.

I bought a Gretsch last christmas, a Fender Bass this week, waiting for a backordered Gibson LP, am about to order some wolfetone pickups (thanks ragingkitty), and some other stuff I can't remember.
Quote by krehzeekid
I have the same addiction.

I got a better paying job...

either this, or you promise to cut youre fingers one by one of with each guitar you buy
Quote by Aihko-Axel
either this, or you promise to cut youre fingers one by one of with each guitar you buy

if i were to do that i think id be without a pinky and a few toes in the next year
what you need is a new amp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
what you need is a new guitar.

Fixed
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
The best advise I can give is buy what you want. Do not settle for some cheapass knockoff if it is an expensive guitar you crave. You want a GIBSON Les Paul for example buy a Gibson not Epiphone one of the 3rd world garbage knock offs. Same goes for Fender,PRS,The Heritage what ever. Save your pennies set a goal and do it.
In the long run there is no true cure for GAS you can calm the beast but, the nagging question of if I had guitar XYZ I could get sound PDQ will always creep back in and the hunt will start over. With guitars it is not the kill but the thrill of the chase.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
The best advise I can give is buy what you want. Do not settle for some cheapass knockoff if it is an expensive guitar you crave. You want a GIBSON Les Paul for example buy a Gibson not Epiphone one of the 3rd world garbage knock offs. Same goes for Fender,PRS,The Heritage what ever. Save your pennies set a goal and do it.
In the long run there is no true cure for GAS you can calm the beast but, the nagging question of if I had guitar XYZ I could get sound PDQ will always creep back in and the hunt will start over. With guitars it is not the kill but the thrill of the chase.

actually this is very true - i've not felt the need to buy a new guitar for a while because i've just stopped going for the knockoffs.

the other advantage to that is it gives you time to really think about it if you're saving up a lot of money, whether you're making the right decision - i'm planning for my next guitar purchase to be a rickenbacker 360/12, i'm going to save up for the real deal, this time i'm not going to settle for less just because it's easier to save up for an italia rimini-12 or a burns double six, because if i do that i'll only end up still wanting a ric later on.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by Bhaok
The best advise I can give is buy what you want.
+1
Since getting an £1800 feline custom I've been GAS free for 6 months!

And not just not buying stuff either; I literally don't want another guitar. Mine is light, plays great and sounds great. There's nothing more to want.

Pedals on the other hand...
but its not the buying the cheap guitar and then wanting to upgrad. its that you need a tele, a strat, an LP, an SG
Quote by '93
but its not the buying the cheap guitar and then wanting to upgrad. its that you need a tele, a strat, an LP, an SG

yeah but then if you buy a cheap one of each, you need to upgrade to a better one of each later on. that's what happened to me