Okay so there are obviously different brands of top guitar strings, and supposedly whoever is best is subjective. But I bought some real cheap strings the other day just to compare, and they really are poop in terms of tone and tuning stability.

What I'd like to know is why they are poop? Because they are presumably made from similar material, they even look similar (although these look "duller") so they can't be that different, but the cheapest ones (at least this set) is noticeably crapper.

Thoughts please.

p.s. I looked for a thread on electric strings and their qualities but their is none (I guess it's against the subjective laws of poo)
Last edited by Jonashred at Jun 29, 2011,
The more expensive strings are coated with a special liquid that makes them last longer and makes them sound better.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
It's all in the manufacturing process, but don't forget you can get different types of coatings etc... (pure nickel, nickel wound, blah, blah)
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Ah thanks! Is there a thread or any links you can share that explain about the different coatings and their own qualities?

Thanks
Quote by AcousticMirror
not all metal is made the same.

+1 \m/
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2