I am about to apply the first oil coating on the maple top of my new tele body. Is it a good idea to keep the surface of the neck pocket completely unfinished or should I apply a thin layer of oil just to seal it from humidity air?
I am also going to finish the neck and the same question there.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Whenever i work on my strat and take the neck out, the neck pocket is always in good shape, i think the neck is bolted tightly enough that no air or humidity gets in anyway. If you have the oil, i dont see how it could hurt either. Its up to you
I don't see a problem myself as long as whatever you put in the neck pocket doesn't change the height or alignment of the neck to the body of the guitar.
Yeah. I just need to make sure it will not hurt the neck pocket in anyway. This is inreservable process after all. The oil i'm using is praised by my dad and uncle which is excellence at bringing out the flame and protecting from humidity but it goes quite deep into the wood.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

A oil coat is okay. You only tape the pocket when you apply paint.I also tape the pickup and control cavities.
Quote by PTModIT
A oil coat is okay. You only tape the pocket when you apply paint.I also tape the pickup and control cavities.

Not necessarily... It can make the pocket swell enough so the neck won't fit.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.