I'm looking into buying a pitch shifter pedal, like the Digitech Whammy. I don't have a whole lot of cash to spare (£100 is about the absolute limit) and spending a lot is a waste when my current rig is a Westfield E4000 + L6 Pocket Pod + base model Crybaby Wah. I'm interested in getting a used BOSS PS5/6, but one thing I absolutely cannot divine is whether the footswitch is just on/off or analogue, the later being preferable. Anyone know? Other features like harmonizing or a chorus mode are merely bonus material. Also, the PS5 appears to be no longer made?

Suggestions? Thanks.
Quote by NeXEkho
I'm interested in getting a used BOSS PS5/6, but one thing I absolutely cannot divine is whether the footswitch is just on/off or analogue, the later being preferable. Anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZYt8PJDCZs

as seen on youtube. it also has a expression in.

Quote by NeXEkho
Also, the PS5 appears to be no longer made?

no longer made, replaced by PS-6
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 29, 2011,
It looks like it's on/off but it's internally fading between on/off, I really can't be sure. It might be responding in an analogue, variable fashion, but I really can't tell because it seems to be falling at a set speed regardless of the pedal angle. Also, I did look up videos long before I posted.
Quote by NeXEkho
It looks like it's on/off but it's internally fading between on/off, I really can't be sure. It might be responding in an analogue, variable fashion, but I really can't tell because it seems to be falling at a set speed regardless of the pedal angle.

the main button acts a like a expression pedal on certain modes. look at 4:00 on that vid.

or you can use the expression pedal in for more control.

edit: i see what you mean. yes, it is a momentary switch so it will only simulate heel down or toe down but the rise fall stuff simulate the 'controlled sweep' feel.

but see previous comments about expression pedal.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 29, 2011,
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. Just discovered the Behringer US600, blown away by the organ-like sound it can make at high pitches. Other than that it seems like a fairly solid low-budget clone of the BOSS. Gonna have to try them out at a store or something but it might be an option.