Why Hello Recording Forums. I'm in a good mood today so I'm probably not going to be raging as much.

Basically, a few weeks ago, the outputs on my Mbox went out. Though, I discovered that the inputs still work perfectly fine. I don't really want to start learning a new DAW yet I didn't want to buy a new Mbox since mine still technically worked. So I got a little upgrade to this:

So far, runs smooth! Though I wish it worked on XP, I've sucked it up and moved to Win 7 which is running quite smooth. Currently, I'm going through reinstalling all my plugins and instruments but its looking good so far. Also, it allows me to output through my PC speakers instead of the Mbox so I can still record and play it back
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
ive heard lots of good things about PT9, havent had a chance to try it. is it going to become your main DAW? hows it compare to some of the others youve used?
Weren't you talking about getting Pro Tools for free if you installed a Mac OS on your PC?
Did you give up and buy Windows 7?

I don't really like Pro Tools that much. Especially since it isn't backwards compatible and only works on the latest OS.
Regardless,
Happy New Software Day!
..I was watching my death.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It runs a lot more efficiently than PT8 (though its still a hog). Also, the fact that they opened it up to use any interface on it is a huge plus for me. One of the guys in my band has a Mackie Onyx 1640 and now were able to use it with PT. I've always loved the workflow of Pro Tools compared to Reaper or Cubase and it just looks pretty.

I've only got 2 main complaints with it. First, no VST support in the box (though VST to RTAS still works with PT9). Second, you gotta use Win 7. I'd like to use XP since I can boot it with barely any resources being used but I'll get used to it.

For me, best $250 ever spent. For someone just getting started with recording, I'd look at Reaper or something more affordable before jumping to PT. Its good but not something to start with.

Edit:
Weren't you talking about getting Pro Tools for free if you installed a Mac OS on your PC?
Did you give up and buy Windows 7?

I don't really like Pro Tools that much. Especially since it isn't backwards compatible and only works on the latest OS.

Yeah, but I found that I would have to upgrade everything if I wanted a Mobo that had more than 2 slots for ram. I'm not going from 8gb of ram to 4gb of ram even if OSX is good with resources. I run way too many virtual instruments for 4gb of ram. I had a spare copy of Win 7 laying around since I was using Vista for recording before.

Thats my main gripe with it but I'll get used to it
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Last edited by lockwolf at Jun 29, 2011,