I found these two on craigslist for $60! The lady I emailed said that her mother in law bought the cello off of ebay for like $150, I just asked about the violin and im waiting for a response.

Can cellos and violins be super shitty quality around these prices? The lady acknowledges it's for a beginner and theyre not of high quality, I just dont know to what extent

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/msg/2469259583.html

any help?!
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jun 29, 2011,
That sounds amazing to me. I'd go for it.

Edit: These should give you a good idea of how good of a deal that is. They're both set to go from low to high, so the ones on the top are the cheapest ones on the site.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acoustic-violins#fT=&gP=1&pS=20&v=g&sB=pLH&lP=c&catId=site1QAA
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/cellos#fT=&gP=1&pS=20&v=g&sB=oR&lP=c&catId=site1QC
Last edited by herby190 at Jun 29, 2011,
thanks man! I didnt think they sold violins

ouch, even musiciansfriend cello's start at $350 :$
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jun 29, 2011,
When it comes to classical bowed instruments, don't even waste your time with the cheap stuff. Any DECENT violin/cello or combo of the two will run you up to atleast a grand, if not a lot more. It'll probably fall apart in your hands in a matter of weeks.
pinga
really..? Im only interested in these because Ive always wanted a member of the violin
family, and here's two for $60 obo

- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
thanks man! I didnt think they sold violins

ouch, even musiciansfriend cello's start at $350 :$
That's what I'm saying; you've stumbled upon a great deal.
Trust me, they can look beautiful because they're such simple instruments. The quality suffers at that price. If you want something to fool around with, go for it. If you're looking to take it seriously, you might as will be ordering firewood and with strings on it.
pinga
For decorative purposes, these will look great.

For someone who wants to fool round with a new instrument for a while, these will be good.

Anything more will be pretty much out of the question, but its still a top deal. I would jump at the chance, personally.
Sounds like a great deal assuming they aren't broken.

I'm sure they're very base models, but since you're just looking to get started I'd buy them.
i used to play violin,

and like any instrument, yes their are varying qualities, and unlike guitars where the top of the line is usually around 2grand, violins can easily get up to about 15grand for a top of the line.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by SKArface McDank
really..? Im only interested in these because Ive always wanted a member of the violin
family, and here's two for $60 obo

looks decent, youll want to make sure hte neck is okay, and youll want a collar bone/shoulder rest, it also has fine tune adjustments which is a plus as they sell for 15$/each and there are 4 of them mounted as can be seen.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
How common are the designs and shapes of violin instruments?

I asked the same question at Harmony central and someone posted this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeD8_YCcCA&feature=player_embedded
It looks exactly like the one in the video, and im pretty sure it's the same stop piece and he said it was $400 and a china model

The woman I emailed said her husbands mom bought it for him after his got damaged, so she only guessed that it was a $150 cello
What do you think the chances are I might be hitting a homer for spending $50?
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
How common are the designs and shapes of violin instruments?

I asked the same question at Harmony central and someone posted this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeD8_YCcCA&feature=player_embedded
It looks exactly like the one in the video, and im pretty sure it's the same stop piece and he said it was $400 and a china model

The woman I emailed said her husbands mom bought it for him after his got damaged, so she only guessed that it was a $150 cello
What do you think the chances are I might be hitting a homer for spending $50?

well like i said the fine tuners are worth more new than her asking price,

and really, for 50$, just go try it out and see how it looks and how the neck is, thats really not a lot of cash.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Violas are cooler imo

>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
dont craigslist people piss you the FUCK OFF?!

GOD DAMMIT MOTHER FUCKER

Stupid bitch, Ive been unbelievable excited about getting this cello all day since I woke up
waiting for a reply so I can go pickup my new cello,
so I go look at the ad, and now I see this "CELLO SOLD"
http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/msg/2469259583.html

not so much as an email saying so after we've been exchanging emails all morning

stupid ****ing cunt what the FUCK HAPPENED TO COMMON COURTESY
- Carl Sagan

****in awesome
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jun 30, 2011,