Anyone ever put one on your guitar? I bought one and in the instructions it said to sand a clear coat the guitar after the decal was on there. The place I'm having this done said it would devalue the guitar.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
I wouldn't do it, theres absolutely no point and yes, it will devalue your guitar, no ones gonna wanna buy the thing with your decal on it.
Why would you put a sticker on your guitar? Doesnt it look good without one?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 29, 2011,
Don't do it if you want resale value
Do it if you know what you're doing and want to personalise it.

Other safe choices are:
You can always buy stickers if you want to remove them which you won't need to sand, although it can look tacky.
Might even consider some water slide decals that can come off easily if you don't sweat much or hit the guitar a lot. (although correct if I'm wrong if it'll damage certain finishes)

But I'd just keep it natural if I were you
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
You're guitar's gonna lose almost all of its resale value if you do that. I'd only do it if you plan to keep it forever.

I'd rather repaint it than stick a decal IMO. Ofcourse repainting costs a lot more and is a pain in the ass if you wanna do it on your own, but IMO it just looks weird with sticking just stickers / decals.

I'd keep it natural if I were you.
Well...I plan on keeping that guitar. I've seen people put this particular decal on the guitar and it looks fine.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150