Ok first off i wasn't sure whether to put this thread in the 80's shred, progressive etc section or general metal, and I'm sure there is probably a thread to do with this....
Anyway, you're favourite Metallica album and why so?

My personal is probably Master of puppets, just generally all great songs, can listen to it over and over. And on a personal note, as much as it is a good album, I wish ...And justice for all would have more strong bass as that would probably creep on top then.
so yeah, what about you guys.
MoP

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Saint Anger
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I've gotta say that Master Of Puppets is their prime. Every single song on that album illustrates their reputation as a band. There is no ballad on this album, which I for one am happy about, not because I don't care for their ballads, but because it means no sudden halt to the heavy succession throughout the songs.
If we're talking studio albums I really like Ride The Lightning, but if live albums are included it's S&M by a mile!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by ampoverload
Master and Justice. Its a tie for me

Same here, missing the bass on Justice. Not big on "thrash" metal but I liked the grit and anger on Puppets alot. Justice had nice songs all-around.
Call this thread "Your Fav Metallica Album" :P

My favorite is Justice, as I can listen to every song on the album in succession and every song is really enjoyable to me, plus lyrically each song is incredibly powerful and each song is placed in a great order. Their other albums are incredible, all of them(ALL OF THEM) but Justice just does it for me.

Also Load. I love Load.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Ride the Lightning is their best for me. The entire album was amazing. I especially love fight fire with fire, trapped under ice, and call of cthulu
Rest in Peace Kimberly Kazuko Yoshida

so random ->
Hmm ride the lightning (Fight fire with fire, For whom the bell Tolls, The call of f*cking Ktulu!) and master of puppets (Orion!) are both very very good.

But the lightning wins for me
yeah any album basically, I can understand st. anger though.... but metallica's coal is somebodies elses gold, far from their best but still good in a respect to other bands of the 01 era (well more mainstream bands)
actually maybe i take that back, dont know.
Easily ...And Justice For All

The song writing on that album hit a new level, yeah you can't hear the bass but the production quality doesn't change the fact that it is 9 excellent songs

I am just about the only Metallica fan I know with this view but nice to see some people agreeing
no life till leather, they went downhill from there
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Veratyr5
Load. All around great song writing.

That's like saying "Revenge of the Sith" is the best Star Wars

Yeah it's good but come on man their first 4 albums are all in a different league altogether
Quote by rorywal
That's like saying "Revenge of the Sith" is the best Star Wars

Yeah it's good but come on man their first 4 albums are all in a different league altogether

Because they're METAL and the Loads aren't METAL so they're crap because they aren't METAL?

It's different. Stop comparing everything to Metallica's first 4 albums. Blues-Rock rules.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
MY favorites are KeA and .....AJFA. Love RtL and MoP as well. Big fan of L and RL. Black felt like less-angrier AJFA. S&M is a great re-imagining of classic 'Tallica songs, but they missed a few (CREEPING DEATH). St. Anger was OK. DM is awesome.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Ride the lightning for me. Then KEA, then MoP, then AJFA. This list is in order of which ones I enjoy the most, not which ones I think are the greatest. The "greatest" Metallica albums probably rank MoP, then RtL, then a tie between KEA/AJFA, then Black Album, then whatever else.
Quote by thePTOD
Because they're METAL and the Loads aren't METAL so they're crap because they aren't METAL?

It's different. Stop comparing everything to Metallica's first 4 albums. Blues-Rock rules.

I didn't say Load was bad, its a pretty decent album

still not on the same level as the early stuff though