Evening all!

I am on the hunt for a new car, and have been looking at '98-'04 Mustangs and Camaros. (I know Camaros got discontinued in '02 until recently.) I have found the v6 versions to be a bit underwhelming so far, but then again they were the heavier convertibles and automatic transmissions Anyways, what are some other cars in this range for preferably under $10,000 that are similar to these two cars so I can widen my search? The others must be at LEAST a v6, though I am starting to lean toward the much more fun v8 versions.

Thanks!
Look no further:

It's light, it's a manual, it's under $10,000.. with a few tweaks you could smoosh a v8 into it.
Think of all the power:weight ratio you'll be bragging to all your mates about.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Dodge Charger
Dodge Challenger
Dodge Dart
Pontiac Firebird
Mercury Couger
Plymouth Barracuda
Ford Torino GT
Pontiac GTO
Chevrolet Chevelle
Plymouth RoadRunner
Buick Gran Sport
Mercury Cyclone

there, muscle cars.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
If you want a light nineties early 2000s muscle car those are probably the most common. I have '02 Mustang V8 and enjoy it. I got mine for 5,000.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
If you want a light nineties early 2000s muscle car those are probably the most common. I have '02 Mustang V8 and enjoy it. I got mine for 5,000.

as an every day driver?

gas must destroy your pay cheques

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by JimmyBanks6
as an every day driver?

gas must destroy your pay cheques

It's an '02 Mustang, it gets like 22 mpg, its decent, not amazing. Its my first car. I think you're thinking of the 60s-70s Mustangs, but even those aren't terrible.
I'm not a fan of either. Don't like the F Body camaros and don't like Mustangs. Firebirds are the way to go.
My buddy got a 95 Mustang GT with a 5.8L dropped in it for 4K in excellent condition. You can get a 05+ Mustang V6 for prob 10K. With that said V6s are pretty underwhelming until you get to the new Camaros and Mustangs which are out of your price range.

Look for a GTO though you can find them cheap occasionally. Dodge Chargers are very meh...
Last edited by FireHawk at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
It's an '02 Mustang, it gets like 22 mpg, its decent, not amazing. Its my first car. I think you're thinking of the 60s-70s Mustangs, but even those aren't terrible.

no, im thinking of a modern v8, their gas mileage isnt very good, and by 22mpg do you mean what is listed by the company? because those listings are at optimal driving conditions with barely any acceleration

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
no, im thinking of a modern v8, their gas mileage isnt very good, and by 22mpg do you mean what is listed by the company? because those listings are at optimal driving conditions with barely any acceleration

I drive a v6, and what does it matter to you? I have to fill up maybe once every two weeks. You're just trying to start something for no damn reason.
Quote by Khaos5191
Evening all!

I am on the hunt for a new car, and have been looking at '98-'04 Mustangs and Camaros. (I know Camaros got discontinued in '02 until recently.) I have found the v6 versions to be a bit underwhelming so far, but then again they were the heavier convertibles and automatic transmissions Anyways, what are some other cars in this range for preferably under $10,000 that are similar to these two cars so I can widen my search? The others must be at LEAST a v6, though I am starting to lean toward the much more fun v8 versions.

Thanks!

Really, if you can find a good camaro or firebird with the 3800 V6 and a 5 speed, buy it. I'm a big muscle car purist as well, and I love V8's, but that 3.8 is a fantastic engine (I've owned 2 cars with that engine). It gets good milage, has a good slug of torque, sound FANTASTIC with the right exhaust, and its indestructible. Trust me I tried. I drove my 88 to the floor trying to blow something for almost a year (car was at 270K, I was 16 and stupid lol), and nothing happened. Bullet-proof cars those.

Do it.
Quote by tayroar
I drive a v6, and what does it matter to you? I have to fill up maybe once every two weeks. You're just trying to start something for no damn reason.

oh my bad lol, i just reread over your inital comment, somehow when i initally read it i got v8 out of it

the v6s are a lot better on gas thats quite true.

i wasnt trying to start an argument i was just discussing cars as im an enthusiast.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Tbh most modern muscle cars are terrible, how americans can get such little power out of a v8 astounds me, plus they have the suspension and thus handling from a 15th century cart
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Modern Mustangs and Camaros actually aren't that bad on gas IMO, especially for the power they have. If your buying either car in the V8 form though, you shouldn't be buying for fuel economy. If so you are looking at the wrong cars.

I'm going to be driving a supercharged v8 soon so I guess you can assume I don't care about MPGs
Last edited by FireHawk at Jun 29, 2011,
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
In Which I replied.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Tbh most modern muscle cars are terrible, how americans can get such little power out of a v8 astounds me, plus they have the suspension and thus handling from a 15th century cart

you mean the modern v8s with 550+ HP? thats little power?

if you are talking about v8s from the 70's and 80's. its the technological difference.

and the handling and suspension of modern muscle cars is exceptional.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I liked my Nissan 300ZX when I had one, but you have to be a special kind of person to like it.

What you really need is :

In Which I replied.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
you mean the modern v8s with 550+ HP? thats little power?

if you are talking about v8s from the 70's and 80's. its the technological difference.

and the handling and suspension of modern muscle cars is exceptional.

lol this is true

@farmosh...Zs are nice I know a guy who has one but is having probs with his turbos
Wait. Wait I got it.

A traction engine.

There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Firebird or trans am, How ever I can push 21 mpg out of my carburetor v8, in my nova woudl be better if i had an overdrive transmission
Quote by RetroGunslinger

Before you go spouting off at muscle cars, you should know that the modern camaro has IRS. Yes, the mustang is still a live axle, but there are situations where that is a bonus.

Something tells me you have never driven a proper muscle car. It's quite the experience. They may not handle like a lotus or a se7en, but they make up for it in other ways.
Buy a 240SX. RB26 swap. Never look back.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
What you really need is a new amp......

(Sorry, no-one has put it yet....)
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+