well i was in class today and the teacher does that thing where you scrape your finger nails down the blackboard, and almost everyone in the room couldnt stand it.
why is this? is it just the pitch of the noise that they cant stand?
Nauls is how they say "nails" in New Orleans.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Alexishxc1337
...you still have a blackboard?

My university has them, even the ones equipped with massive projectors and such have a blackboard around. Math classes tend to use them most heavily though.

OT: It really is an unpleasant sound. If I had to guess I'd say it's probably because it's such a high pitch.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
This thread will now be nothing but everyone making fun of OP's typo.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by hobson111
Because it sounds horrible

So I could modify my blackboard to play Friday whenever I put my nails directly on it, and kids would still cringe? Excellent.
Quote by Skullivan
So I could modify my blackboard to play Friday whenever I put my nails directly on it, and kids would still cringe? Excellent.

Or you could just play Friday whenever you pleased, and most of them would cringe.
Quote by rjdusa
Or you could just play Friday whenever you pleased, and most of them would cringe.

The small few that don't are the ones you're allowed to backhand violently.
Quote by element4433
Nauls is how they say "nails" in New Orleans.

haha I am picturing Troy from Swamp People saying it. TS should replace the blackboard with one of those new fancy dry erase boards.
What the hell are nauls? Are you from the South?
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by rjdusa
My university has them, even the ones equipped with massive projectors and such have a blackboard around. Math classes tend to use them most heavily though.

I thought whiteboards were the standard now, I haven't had a blackboard since 4th grade, which was 10 years ago.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
I thought whiteboards were the standard now, I haven't had a blackboard since 4th grade, which was 10 years ago.

Whiteboards are an annoyance imo. Plus there's something extremely gratifying about solving differential equations on a blackboard. I can't think of a single building that doesn't have blackboards (not including dorm building). Even the 500+ person lecture halls have blackboards below the projector screens.