How do i do this safely? And i don't mean having both on at the same time and A/B switching them i just mean having one on at a time, I have a line 6 hd147 and a three channel dual rec with a marshall 1960a cab. I would assume i just flip the mono switch on, plug both of them into the jack from their 8 ohm outputs and just not have both on at the same time? Just thought i should check with you guys because i have no experience with this.
Is that really necessary to have two heads plugged into the same cab? All i'm trying to accomplish is to not have to plug the speaker cable into the other head when i wanna use it.
Doing that leaves one head without a load, which will blow it. You asked for a safe way to do it, and those Radial Products are the only safe way I know how to do it.

EDIT: Terribly sorry. Is this for shows, or just home practicing, and you wanna be lazy when you wanna change amps?
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Last edited by Slash_is_a_God at Jun 29, 2011,
This is just switching between amps at home, only one amp would be on at a time, basically i want two heads plugged into one cab, but i will only have one switched on at a time, so if i'm playing my dual rec and wanna play the line 6 i would switch off the dual rec and turn on the line 6.
I'm gonna pass this onto someone else =P I'm sorry. But my advice after this point is "don't be lazy" lol.

I don't see myself having to switch between the amps regularly at a sitting though. I would typically plug into one, and go nuts for a half hour or whatever.

In any case, sorry I couldn't be much help.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
i'm experimenting with both of the heads for recording, i'm a tone freak, it's just for laziness sakes it would just be more convenient to not have to switch the speaker cable to the other head when i want to use it
Well to be honest it's really about what's more valuable to you - a tiiiiny amount of effort to switch the heads or the security of not running the risk of blowing one
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
correct me if i am wrong, but couldn't you rewire the speakers in stereo, being two to a side (or X pattern better), and add anoter jack to the jackplate on the back and have a stereo cab. if i am right the speakers are 8 ohm in your cab so if you were two 16 ohm sides that dont are not wired together, you would have it done.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Is your cab capable of stereo? If so just do that. Only ask because you mentioned the mono switch. Just make sure your head output is matched to the cab for ohms.
Put it in the Stereo setting and plug each head into one of the stereo inputs. It should tell you what impedance the stereo inputs are.

You'll only be able to get each head to come through 2 speakers though. To get each head to come through all 4 speakers you'll need some kind of switching unit like the Radial Headbone for the Recto. The HD147 is all SS IIRC so it shouldn't be damaged without a load connected.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 29, 2011,
can't. you need a load on both heads.

i mean if you are gonna walk over and turn them off anyway you might as well unplug the cable and plug it into the other head.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Aren't all 1960a stereo?

2 heads, one for each channel. Thats your load.