Bedroom amp, never going to gig or play anywhere else besides my home.

I have my heart set on a Vox VT. The VT15 is being discontinued but I can get one for $120. The new VT20+ is $170. The extra wattage I'm kinda sure I don't need but through my searching I can't find what else is different in each one.

What 'extras' will I be getting if I get the VT20+? Is it worth it over the VT15?

Thanks
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Don't quote me on this but I believe the VT+ has a few more features, models and/or effects. But I did hear that they made a change in the valve system in the VT series. But definitely, the VT+ would be better.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The VT20+ has more effect options, more amp models, and the tone is better to my ears. It would make a pretty nice practice amp.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Jun 29, 2011,
Quote by JKHC
Don't quote me on this but I believe the VT+ has a few more features, models and/or effects. But I did hear that they made a change in the valve system in the VT series. But definitely, the VT+ would be better.

As a VT20+ owner I can confirm the first part. I did the research and the VT+ line has more effects and presets than the VT line. I don't find myself using most of them, but that's just me. Maybe the ones I do use aren't on the other one.
It has a tuner, 33 amps (I'd have to look up what that means), 99 presets, 8 storage banks, and a line input jack.

As a bedroom player, I've never gone past half, so the watt difference won't mean much. The very odd thing is, though, that according to the dial and packaging, the amp has 30W max output. I don't know if there's a risk of blowing something out with that, but I actually just noticed it now looking over my amp again.
Quote by Fullmetalzawa

As a bedroom player, I've never gone past half, so the watt difference won't mean much. The very odd thing is, though, that according to the dial and packaging, the amp has 30W max output. I don't know if there's a risk of blowing something out with that, but I actually just noticed it now looking over my amp again.

Thats what was troubling me for the past 30 mins lol. I forgot the new VT line has something like a power attenuator (it works like one). You can control the wattage if you need to get a bit of OD from the tube in it. I personally, preferred the mustang over the vox, but w/e.

Fullmetalzawa, I doubt you could blow your amp/tube by increasing the wattage on it. It is, in essence, a solid state with a single tube. + VOX, of all companies, aren't stupid enough to have something that can destroy the amp onboard. So, that is if you want more clean headroom, go ahead and use it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
These Vox's seem to have some sort of hissing problem that's pretty common and there is no fix in sight.

What do you guys think about a Fender Mustang I?
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Quote by i3oosted
These Vox's seem to have some sort of hissing problem that's pretty common and there is no fix in sight.

What do you guys think about a Fender Mustang I?

I love my mustang iii. Honestly, id recommend the vox over the mustang because you won't get any depth in the cleans from an 8 inch speaker. Well, that's a problem with all small amps so......

The cleans are amazing on that and there are a few models that are extremely close to the real thing. Those being

Bassman
65 deluxe
Twin reverb
Brit 70s (marshall plexi)
Champ
Brit 60s (I think that's a vox ac15?)
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
There's less than a 10% difference in volume between a 15 watt and 20 watt amp. You couldn't notice it if you tried.

Just get the VT20+. the "+" series has more features, etc.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
I used to own a VT30 a while back and (in its class) it's a cracking little amp. I never used the presets and only used about 2 or 3 of the "amps", but if you can find your tone thats all you need!!

I you are limiting your choices to the VT or VT+ I'd get the vewer model.

But take a look at this (and part 2) first - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKaCn2wgLw
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
As a VT20+ owner I can confirm the first part. I did the research and the VT+ line has more effects and presets than the VT line. I don't find myself using most of them, but that's just me. Maybe the ones I do use aren't on the other one.
It has a tuner, 33 amps (I'd have to look up what that means), 99 presets, 8 storage banks, and a line input jack.

33 amps means it has 33 amps that it models of different styles / brands / genre it specializes in.

Don't worry about blowing out your amp. Its a combo, so they're made to not kill each other out, unlike heads and cabs which can be mismatched and blown in seconds.
Get an advt-xl!
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean