i have had my tascam interface for quite some time now and i have never gotten it to work correctly as a straight tru interface for Guitar amp VST's like amplitube,GTR,Overloud and etc. everytime i try to play something it sounds kinda ball less . only cleans sound perfect and clear but any form of distortion and it just sucks bad. i have tryed outputting to my nice set of pc speakers,Guitar amp and monitors and same problem. i have tryed using my roland cube as a preamp and same thing,i have tryed diferent cables and diferent guitars and same problems persiste. I have basically a gaming / audio,Video studio rig with plenty of ram and CPU power and nice Video and audio cards. Im going crazy and might eventually set the damn interface on fire ... PLEASE HELP!!!
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard
Limited edition Schecter omen 7
Custom RR V with emgs 81/85,24 frets and floyd.

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by airslashfury
i have had my tascam interface for quite some time now and i have never gotten it to work correctly as a straight tru interface for Guitar amp VST's like amplitube,GTR,Overloud and etc. everytime i try to play something it sounds kinda ball less . only cleans sound perfect and clear but any form of distortion and it just sucks bad. i have tryed outputting to my nice set of pc speakers,Guitar amp and monitors and same problem. i have tryed using my roland cube as a preamp and same thing,i have tryed diferent cables and diferent guitars and same problems persiste. I have basically a gaming / audio,Video studio rig with plenty of ram and CPU power and nice Video and audio cards. Im going crazy and might eventually set the damn interface on fire ... PLEASE HELP!!!

I wonder if you have a bad unit. I just bought an MK144II and it works like a dream. I have a media computer and like you have plenty of ram etc. It's not been a problem at all. In fact I love the thing. I have used an LR Baggs Para Acoustics DI to get more volume out of my guitar as it has a passive pickup and it worked fine.

I did get a little scratchy sound but just turned the volume down a tad and that fixed it.

Sounds like you might need a new unit.
maybe i need to try a real preamp or something . cuz idk i might wind up selling it and getting a m-box or a presonus or maybe them tascam 2000 units.
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard
Limited edition Schecter omen 7
Custom RR V with emgs 81/85,24 frets and floyd.

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :