Just recently, I have found that halfway through a song or after playing a couple of short exercises, I get pretty bad pain in my upper arm. I practice about 2 hours a day, and I'm only 14 so I'm pretty confident that it's not a joint or muscle problem. any suggestions on what it may be and how to stop it, because its making me mad . Thanks
Give guitar a break for a bit (week?), play less per day till it builds strength? Stretch before playing, exersize it, and once it starts to hurt, stop. If it keeps going, see a docter, or you could do some damage.
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
Quote by livingston96
Just recently, I have found that halfway through a song or after playing a couple of short exercises, I get pretty bad pain in my upper arm. I practice about 2 hours a day, and I'm only 14 so I'm pretty confident that it's not a joint or muscle problem. any suggestions on what it may be and how to stop it, because its making me mad . Thanks

Do you tense up your arm when playing (fast)?

If so, chanches are you are developing shoulder tendinitis...

How do I know this? Because i had it a couple of years ago because of bad technique (tensing muscles).

Solution? stop playing guitar for 2 weeks so your tendons can heal up.
Pray its not to late or else you can put down the guitar for 3 - 6 months.

Ofcourse!!! stop tensing up your muscles when playing guitar (total relaxation)

=> read the technique sticky!
Last edited by Larz89 at Jun 29, 2011,
I tense up a little bit, but I hope and don't think tensing is it... My guitar teacher says I'm pretty relaxed. But its not only when playing fast. It happens even when I'm playing just powerchords.
Last edited by livingston96 at Jun 29, 2011,
try sitting and playing classical style might help, i had a similar problem but in my picking hand's wrist, i realised it was because of the way i was sitting. i'm not sure if it would help you because it's in the arm but it couldn't hurt to try