THis is just to vent out my frustration of Green Day haters for stupid reasons. If you simply don't like Green Day because you just don't than I'm totally fine by that. But if you have some other reason, read the following.

Isn't great how so many people don't like Green Day because they actually had some musical talent and had a clue as to what they were doing in the punk scene? I'm sure that they conformed, after refusing every major label at the time until Reprise came along. Oh you know, they definitely conformed when they created American Idiot, because im pretty sure there was a full major chord in there! :O I mean, they created an entirely perfect album filled full of powerful lyrics and beautiful riffs. They MUST have conformed, even though they spoke, dressed, and acted the same as they did when they were performing as Sweet Children!

But old Green Day is a lot better right? Like the songs Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?, She, 409 in your Coffemaker, Green Day, Panic Song, and everything up to dookie. Wait,... you don't know those tracks?! :O but you like OLD Green Day! No, Good Riddance isnt old. Also, bashing people for liking the songs American Idiot, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Holiday, Jesus of Suburbia, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams because their singles is ridiculous. I should ignore 5 tracks of a 14 track album?

In short, Green Day is one of the most amazing, spectacular, and talented groups of all time. As a musician and human being, this group has affected me in so many ways. I just wanted to bash the Green Day haters just a little because for some reason, Green Day isn't considered a punk band. Of course, they're recorded well, have a great singer, and don't like someone screaming into a mic with somewhat deep lyrics. The only bands like that that were even decent are the most famous such as Ramones, Sex Pistols, and Dead Kennedys. Green Day is a new kind of punk, and should be appreciated for it.

If you're a Green Day fan or just someone who knows what I'm talking about, leave a supportive comment. Show your love for Green Day!
Last edited by Sensei21 at Jun 30, 2011,
I agree with most of this, but for the record 21 guns is AWFULL its a shitty remake of wake me up when spetember ends and It should never have been made. Its a summary of the things that ARE wrong with green day. Anyway apart from that song the new album grows pretty quickly on you so for those who listened to it once then decided they didnt like it, you've missed out. However if course im going to be bias to loving green day, they were the band that got me into music after all. It seems that whenever something good gets popular everyone suddenly dislikes it :/
Yea, that seems to be it. I personally loved the new album and 21 guns! But yes, it really does grow on you. Also, the first 2 CDs i owned and actually stayed with were American Idiot and Hot Fuss! Yes, a great way to get into music yea?
That thread doesn't seem very good. So i started this one. It's in the right spot btw.

Quote by Sensei21
That thread doesn't seem very good. So i started this one. It's in the right spot btw.
That thread is thousands of posts long, it's fine. And it's in the right spot (Pop Punk & Emo).
And Green Day is Punk and Punk Rock. ONly one of 8 albums is Pop Punk at all. You should really listen to music before you try to label the genre.
Quote by Sensei21
And Green Day is Punk and Punk Rock. ONly one of 8 albums is Pop Punk at all. You should really listen to music before you try to label the genre.
Dude, pop punk is my favorite genre, and they are pop punk. I guess three of their albums could be called pop rock, though.
Couldnt have said it better myself TS. Punk as ****
*-)
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Приспосабливание
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Sensei21
THis is just to vent out my frustration of Green Day haters for stupid reasons. If you simply don't like Green Day because you just don't than I'm totally fine by that. But if you have some other reason, read the following.

Isn't great how so many people don't like Green Day because they actually had some musical talent and had a clue as to what they were doing in the punk scene? I'm sure that they conformed, after refusing every major label at the time until Reprise came along. Oh you know, they definitely conformed when they created American Idiot, because im pretty sure there was a full major chord in there! :O I mean, they created an entirely perfect album filled full of powerful lyrics and beautiful riffs. They MUST have conformed, even though they spoke, dressed, and acted the same as they did when they were performing as Sweet Children!

But old Green Day is a lot better right? Like the songs Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?, She, 409 in your Coffemaker, Green Day, Panic Song, and everything up to dookie. Wait,... you don't know those tracks?! :O but you like OLD Green Day! No, Good Riddance isnt old. Also, bashing people for liking the songs American Idiot, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Holiday, Jesus of Suburbia, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams because their singles is ridiculous. I should ignore 5 tracks of a 14 track album?

In short, Green Day is one of the most amazing, spectacular, and talented groups of all time. As a musician and human being, this group has affected me in so many ways. I just wanted to bash the Green Day haters just a little because for some reason, Green Day isn't considered a punk band. Of course, they're recorded well, have a great singer, and don't like someone screaming into a mic with somewhat deep lyrics. The only bands like that that were even decent are the most famous such as Ramones, Sex Pistols, and Dead Kennedys. Green Day is a new kind of punk, and should be appreciated for it.

If you're a Green Day fan or just someone who knows what I'm talking about, leave a supportive comment. Show your love for Green Day!

If I were your seventh grade English teacher I would give you a B+ for effort.
Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ at Jun 30, 2011,
Why did you center align that?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown